Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Intellicon Control

Options
The Boiler Dr.
The Boiler Dr. Member Posts: 163
Is anyone out there familiar with the intellicon energy control? I have a customer who is looking at retrofitting a number of units in a remote location and would appreciate any feed back on this device.

Comments

• Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    Options
    yep

We've put in quite  a few of them, both for hot water and forced hot air. We ran tests in our training room before that just to make sure they delivered on the promise, and they did. For the most part a 10% savings and no loss of comfort.

And I don't think we've had any fail.
  • The Boiler Dr.
    Options
    Appreciate the info

as a service call is two days and $2300 including air fare
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Options
    I think

a $2300 air fare definitely qualifies as a remote location. WHere is that?
  • The Boiler Dr.
    Options
    REMOTE!

Sorry I took so long to reply

The site is in Northern  Canada

One day hop, skip, slide and bounce in -  in a six seat culvert  $1182.69CDN

Change planes at least 4 times  Same on the way out

Sometimes you don't even get all the way in one day

Then you are stuck there for a day because the site is only serviced every second day

Make sure you bring all your own provisions ........!
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Options
    Sounds

like an adventure!
  • KevinCorr
    KevinCorr Member Posts: 106
    Options
    debate

There is a big debate on the indoor (intellicon/Beckett and others) vs the outdoor reset controls over on the diy forum.

I called Burnham for advice for putting the Beckett Manager on an MPO and the tech said that he personally saved 17%. The Beckett looks like the same exact control without the LED display.
  • dynamic
    dynamic Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Intellicon/Heat Manager

I prefer the Intellidyne control over the heat manager because you can set the functions on the Intellicon, where you cannot change any of the variables on the Beckett Heat Manager.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    What functions?

What and how are you making adjustments?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • cory c_2
    cory c_2 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Adjustments

Robert,

Where the values are all fixed on the Beckett HeatManager , the Intellidyne allows you to tweak all the settings ie max stand by time , max economizing time, low temp burner release, etc. It can be a slightly time consuming project , maybe an extra 15 - 20 min over the Beckett install. I have found them to be better on units with tankless coils b/c of the ability to change the domestic low temp burner release out of economizing, which I believe is somewhere between 113F - 118F (could be off a bit) fixed on the Beckett. You make adjustments by plugging in and unplugging the jack into and out of the Dom sensor port at the proper time during the programming stage. A nice option for someone with limited funds who wants to get everything they can out of an EXISTING system. I always try to support a company like Beckett who does so much for the oil industry, but in this case I wish they would've just bought and rebranded the entire functionality of the control instead of locking the values. Well.........that and Intellidyne offers a 15 year full parts breakdown warranty over the 5 years Beckett gives. Hope this helps since many of your posts here , on Alan's site and George's site have helped me in the past.

Cory Cosgrove
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Thanks!

Thanks,Cory.I'd heard that the Intellidyne could be adjusted but had no idea how. I'm going to just switch to the AquaSmart and solve the whole problem.Easier install too!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • cory c_2
    cory c_2 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Easier Install Works!

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to John Manning getting the info  / availability  to us here in the New Haven area. I saw the Aqua-Smart in Boston in June. Impressive. Beckett is really raising the bar for us with the Genesys and the Aqua-Smart. 
This discussion has been closed.