Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

sunspot rubber tubing and glycol (snomelt)

Leo_G
Leo_G Member Posts: 89
Have to help a buddy from another company. Theclients have a snomelt system, and hired a different company to put a trench drain at the bottom of the driveway. They did not realize that there was tubing throughout. Big mess! Anywho, it is sunspot rubber tubing, the original company shut down about 5 years ago, and now I have been "hired" by this third company to help repair the mess. I had some info a few years back about the type of glycol to use with this rubber tubing, but can't find it anymore.

Anyone out there able to help me, help my buddy, help the drainage company?  LOL!

thanx in advance,

Leo G

Comments

• Leo_G (old friend),,,

If anyone is up on that "older stuff" to be found it would be Hot Rod,, as you know, everyone got into the "plastics market", but only few actually survived! 
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,018
    got a picture?

I haven't heard that name before. Is it a thin EPDM or a manufactured hose like the Watts or old Heatway.

Usually PG is sage to use in about any heating system. Does it have an O2 barrier, do you know?

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Leo_G
    Leo_G Member Posts: 89
    HR

am heading up there in about an hour, will take pics then. Yes it has a very thin aluminum foil oxy barrier. Can't remember if it is EPDM or not.

Thanx,

Leo G
This discussion has been closed.