Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Trane Rooftops

Options
Does that answer your question? LOL

No I just spent half the day washing one way and then the other spraying it between the coils and getting half the dirt out I should.

I am planning a coil washing party at this campus. Will have the cordless drill by then and plan to remove the top of the units that cover the coils, split them and wash out real good. Until that time the temp. wash will have to do!

By the way, most residential splits I have noticed have the wonderfull split coils to prevent monstor size condensing units. Have a 3 ton HP myself that will need washed this summer if I don't get it this spring.

Oh the unit is not tripping on cool failure anymore at least. Too many fires at the main campus right now to go back and check this one unit. Still need to replace a txv and fix a leak on two units at the "career center", replace belts and filters on the Semco unit in the mezzanine and etc, etc.

Don in MO

Comments

• ddlong1286@yahoo.com
    ddlong1286@yahoo.com Member Posts: 139
    Options
    Trane Rooftops

Hi all,

I have 9 trane rooftops at one of the campuses I take care of. They range from YCD090 to YCD480. Are these Voyager units? I have a manual number for voyager units that is supposed to be the trick to making sense of the electronic controls, Manual 22-7706-06.I want to order it, but only if it is for these units.

Thanks
    Don in MO
    At Moberly Area Community College
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Hey Don?

Yes thoes are the Voyager series. check out the wiring on the 2 speed induced draft motor....... WHen I first saw it I had to scratch my head. Also just so you know the outdoor temp snap disc on the economizer hood is or has been replaced with a different temp control,.....

Mike T.
  • ddlong1286@yahoo.com
    ddlong1286@yahoo.com Member Posts: 139
    Options
    Trane RTU

Thanks Mike,

No I did not know that that control had been replaced. Not Trane Factory, so trying to get the info to get these units back to working properly. One unit right now needs the charge pulled on both circuits. Washed the cond. coil Monday and still getting over 250lbs dishcharge pressure. Was running 76lbs suction with 73degrees suction line temp. Too much super heat. And with the above discharge press, I was getting 94 degrees liquid line. Too much subcooling.

I replaced all the belts on these units this winter. They were supposed to be B belts, but had worn down to below A belts. I believe someone dumped gas in when the belts where worn trying to get suction press. up. I'll know when I pull the charge!

Might be a TXV, won't know till the charge is checked.

Thanks again
    Don in MO
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Yea Don:

DO you think there is non condensables in both circuits 1 & 2? If I remember correctly these units are non TXV. Charge by S/H and you should be spot on. Just currious,...What is the Ser #?

Mike T.
  • jeff_25
    jeff_25 Member Posts: 110
    Options

did you slit the condensor when you washed them
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    Options
    Trane rooftops

Years ago we had a helicopter set about 50 units on the rooftop of a mall in Superior WI. My guess is that most of these have been replaced by now.

I never agreed with the concept as repairs were often needed when it was -25 outside temp. I believe that is one reason I got away from servicing HVAC (scorched air)
This discussion has been closed.