Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How much condensate is produced by 90 % boiler

Options
michael_34
michael_34 Member Posts: 304
per hour at lets 100,000 btu's. a gallon?

Comments

• Uni R_2
    Uni R_2 Member Posts: 589
    Options
    Depends on the return temps...

A 100 MBH boiler that is condensing all day long would produce well over 10 gallons, maybe even 25 gallons in a day.
  • Dave Yates (GrandPAH)_11
    Options
    depends

100K - If it is operating within condensing temp range:

1-gallon for gas per 100K

1/2-gallon for oil per 100K

• Yep,

that's what I measured for my Quamtum leap boiler, it made about 1 gal per hour at 100,000 input and firing about 99.8% efficiency.

Boilerpro

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    The Steam Whisperer (Formerly Boilerpro)

Chicago's Steam Heating Expert

Noisy Radiators are a Cry for Help
  • steve_196
    steve_196 Member Posts: 33
    Options

How do you like your Quantum Leap boiler? Have you have any or many problems? Thanks for the response.
  • steve_196
    steve_196 Member Posts: 33
    Options

How do you like your Quantum Leap boiler? Have you have any or many problems? Thanks for the response.
  • Quantum Leap no longer produced

this was an early attempt at condensing and there are some inherent problems. The cleaning access plate screws come loose every year and need to be tightened (using loctite doesn't help) The plastic clamps used on the hoses don't hold up, the tubing connection of the secondary heat exchanger is too short and can leak very easily and numerous other little nagging problems...most of which could have been caught with proper testing before production. After taking care of these various problems, it has been working well with a regular check on the screws.
    Not the type of boiler I would install in a customers home and I don't (too complicated). Also, they must have been brain dead to use a glow stick ignitor. The hot air industry proved thier unreliablity (new components every 5 years or so), so some boiler maufacturers started using them. Spark ignition is much more reliable.
    They had the right idea for using the exhaust to preheat the intake air to boost efficency, but execution in the details was poor. I wish someone would use this same concept to make a condensing steamer in smaller sizes.
    I use Prestiges for all my installs. I would like to find an inexpensive on/off condensor for use in low cost gravity conversions.

Boilerpro

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    The Steam Whisperer (Formerly Boilerpro)

Chicago's Steam Heating Expert

Noisy Radiators are a Cry for Help
  • michael_34
    michael_34 Member Posts: 304
    Options
    amazes me...

that it produces that much. What chemicals are in the condensate water? if anyone knows... I have some interest.
    Thank you Michael
This discussion has been closed.