Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Books on HW Heating

MikeyB
MikeyB Member Posts: 696
Thanks to the Dan's books and the steam pros on the wall, I now have a elementary understanding of residential steam heating. I'd now like to learn about HW heating and would appreciate some guidance as to what books I should read and a suggestion as to the order I should read them in.

Thanks!

- Rod

Comments

• keep looking

Keep looking at this site for other books relating to hot water...
  • MikeyB
    books

Rod, check out "Residential Hydronic Heating I=B=R Coursebook", and Dan's "Go with the flow" all of these books are located in the online store on this site, They are all great reads, well woth the price
  • Andrew Hagen_2
    Andrew Hagen_2 Member Posts: 236
    Book

John Siegenthaler's book "Modern Hydronic Heating" is also very good.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    I would

start with "how come?" by Dan Holohan.

Great introductory book, and the writing style makes me smile everytime I pick it up.
  • MikeyB
    book

Siggy's book is fantastic, Also the Radiant books from RPA's web site are also very good, also written by J.Siegenthaler
  • MikeyB

Thanks for all the suggestions. Now I just have to figure out a good answer when my wife asks why I'm buying books on hydronic heating when we don't have a HW system.

- Rod
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    ANy of Dans books are a great resource...

I use Siegenthalers book in the classes I teach. Dan sells it at

http://www.heatinghelp.com/shopcart/index.cfm?category=2

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
This discussion has been closed.