Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

boiler for unico

Options
Mark Custis
Mark Custis Member Posts: 539
how it gets hot. The hydro-coil will care how hot it gets, and so will the occupants of the conditioned space. I would start with the model number of the coil and then check the engineering specs at the Unico site. I would compare the specs to a heat loss for the space.

That should help narrow the field. Getting the most out of a mod/con requires lower return water temps than maybe comfortable.

Comments

• JJ_4
    JJ_4 Member Posts: 146
    Options
    Replacement boiler for unico system

I have a buddy with a unico system that has a boiler with a coil for heat. He currently has a small cast iron atmospheric boiler that he would like to replace with a mod-con for efficiency gains. What would be a good match-up for this type of system? I suggested he may want to look at the Mastek Ray if he wants to stick with a cast iron heat exchanger. Are the other popular mod-cons good for this application also? Are there ones that he should steer clear of?

Thanks
  • JJ_4
    JJ_4 Member Posts: 146
    Options

Thanks...I was wondering if the needed low returns for a mod-con would be a problem with hydro-air, since to keep the boiler in condensing mode this would be required. If he isn't able to do this the efficiency gains would be compromised. I'll check out the Unico site.
This discussion has been closed.