Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What Would You Do?

Options
I would go get a new invoice and sell her a 30lb drum if that what she wants.lol

I would say to her it must be your lucky day.I would explain to her that freezone does not wear out, it leaks out.Then I asked them did you ever need freon put into your
refrigerator? They always reply no.

I then will say how long it been since you last had freon put in,They will say last year about this time.I then say where it must be a small leak if its a leak at all.

I will then say if it stop cooling this summer give me a call and I will come out and see if its low.If it is we can discuss the price on doing a leak search.

If I do not hear from you I'll assume all is well.

Collect for my service ticket and get down the road.

Comments

• Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Options
    Interesting Situation

You are called out to a new customer's house to "just check out the air conditioning system". You arrive, give the system its "checkup", checking the refrigerant charge, air filters, electrical connections and all of the other goodies that comprise a good "start-up".

You present the customer the bill and remark that the system is operating fine. The bill is for your hourly service, nothing additional.

The customer then remarks, "How come you didn't add any freezone (you can change the name here) to my system?".

Well ma'am, the system is operating just fine, it didn't need any.

That's rediculous! I've had the same company coming here for ten years and every single year, the very nice young man that came here said my system needed more refrigerant, and here are his work tickets to prove it!

WHAT DO YOU DO?
This discussion has been closed.