Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

R-22 & window units

I just spoke with someone at a local manufacturer and yes, this law applies to window and PTAC units as well.

It is okay to sell any existing stock, but no R-22 systems can be manufatured or brought into the country after January 1, 2010.

What's really funny is this. The company I spoke with has a facility abroad and they have to get all of the R-22 stock over here before January 1. Even though they own the facility, bringing the goods over after Janauary 1, 2010 would be a violation of the new law.

Hope this helps.

Comments

• R-22 compliance with pending regs

Hey Prof,

Am I correct that window units must also comply with the pending Jan 1 2010 manufacturing change to R-410a (although anything already manufacturered can be sent down the pipeline to be sold)?
  • don_205
    don_205 Member Posts: 66
    I'm not him

And that what I hear to be true as well Mr Yates.

While you down here may I ask what is......

SCAQMD Rule 1121 Notice when it comes to water heaters?

TIA

• looks like

Haier has the only 410a window unit I could find & it carries a 12-EER rating. I've been studying window AC units for Consumers Digest & I'm stunned by the many advances & features these little rascals offer. Even built-in UV on some models. Quiet, efficient & with features galore.

Thanks for the replies. I was wondering about the import thing as many window AC models are mfgrd outside our borders.
This discussion has been closed.