Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler circuit keeps tripping HELP!

kpc_66
kpc_66 Member Posts: 1
you have a dead short... more details.. type of system, oil, gas, steam ,hw, boiler....etc

Comments

• Patrick Hunt
    Patrick Hunt Member Posts: 2
    Boiler circuit keeps tripping, HELP!

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem. I am not sure if my boiler is short cycling, but I keep having to go to the fuse box a couple times a day, and turn the switch off and then on to get the boiler to fire up again. It seems like something is every so often, and I have to keep resetting it. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • steve_196
    steve_196 Member Posts: 33

Could this possibly be a new unit with an electronic oil primary? If it is look then to see if it is a 7148-1032 control. If it is then look to see if you see the sideways number 6 at the end of this number. If the answer is yes, then replace the Oil Primary control.
  • Indysteamer
    Indysteamer Member Posts: 12

If this is a gas boiler with spark ignition I have run into this problem several times and it was the ignition control.
  • Norm Harvey
    Norm Harvey Member Posts: 684

If its an oil boiler check the starting amperage of the burner motor. Make sure the pump/motor shaft spins freely.

I'd put my money on a bad burner motor.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    "We see the world as WE are, not as IT is, because it is the "I" behind the EYE that does the seeing"
  • ddenny
    ddenny Member Posts: 75
    boiler circuit keeps tripping

If you amperage is close to or exceeding the rating of the breaker when the boiler starts up, you have a short somewhere. if you don't own a tool that measures amperage, switch out that breaker with another one of the same amperage rating in the panel. my guess is it will be 15 amps. If the boiler stays on and the breaker you moved somewhere else still trips, you have a defective breaker (one that trips when notheing is wrong with the load). breakers rarely fail but it is a possibility. a clamp on amp meter is an excellent tool for helping diagnose this type of problem. I think lowe's and home depot carry them.
This discussion has been closed.