Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

fresh air make up

Aprilaire makes an air-sensing automated fresh air control,as does Honeywell and Field Controls.Any established HVAC contractor can assist you.Beyond this you should look at ERV's,energy recovery ventilators if you live in an environment consistently very hot or cold.Lyle from Lisle(HVACMD)

Comments

• Tim_5
    Tim_5 Member Posts: 37
    fresh air makeup

bulding a new home with radiant heat and high velocity air conditioning, can anyone recommend a fresh air louver that can be installed to supply additonal combustion/fresh air to a tighly sealed home.
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177

hart & cooley fusible link damper
  • Brad White_203
    Brad White_203 Member Posts: 506
    Measure it to Manage it.

I applaud your approach. I agree with Lyle about getting an ERV or HRV. (An ERV does total energy including humidity, HRV just transfers sensible heat by the way.)

But first, I would want to know what your combustion air needs are and any exhaust air influences which may fight that. Ideally you have direct vented appliances so maybe those cancel-out. If you do not have them I think you should. Take combustion air out of the equation to the extent you are allowed to by code.

Have you had a blower door test to demonstrate what degree of airtightness you have? Not to rely on passive leakage, but a good blower door test will reveal a minimum make-up air standard so you at least meet that.

For louvers? I am partial to Seiho products. Nice looking round louvers. For thin-line or rectangular louvers, Greenheck is my other choice.
This discussion has been closed.