Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Spring Break with my Son - Need Ideas

hot_rod
hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
it's the journey!

What do you like to do? Outdoors, cities, food, cars? Vegas has some incredible deals right now, I got an offer for 45 bucks a night at a major hotel recently. Plenty of great side trips, Lake Mead, Grand Canyon, desert exploring, mountains to climb, food, people watching.

Max an I would always head to the mountains or deserts for our trips together. A day pack with some food, and some topo maps (now a GPS)

I still like southern Utah for the sheer amount of wilderness. Check out the Maze, or some off the beaten trecks around Canyonlands. Goblin Valley is a fun area. Not very busy this time of year. Hike some slot canyons!

A trip to ISH and Europe would be life changing :)

hr
Bob "hot rod" Rohr
trainer for Caleffi NA
Living the hydronic dream

Comments

• Paul Rohrs_7
    Paul Rohrs_7 Member Posts: 173
    End of an era

My 17yr old son wants to go camping over spring break. He is a Senior in high school and as with most young adults, the summer is going to get very busy. So this is our last chance for some father/son time before he is off to college.

Let me assure you that this spring break will not involve drinking carbonated beverages or wet tee shirts, unles you count me spilling soda on myself, which has been know to happen. Trust me, you don't want picures of that!

I'm searching for camp site ideas that are South, semi warm, fishing, and no more than a days drive from Lincoln, NE.

Dallas is about a 10 hr drive as a reference. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Looking forward to some time with my son.....

Paul
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    spring break

what about the south west as a road trip-maybe the grand canyon, and meteor crater? might be a little more comfortable than camping, and the desert is cooler in winter!

i have always been impressed by the eveness of heat in the center part of the capital building in lincoln. there must be 40 feet of height and very little stratification. is that something you have been involved with?--nbc
  • Paul Rohrs_7
    Paul Rohrs_7 Member Posts: 173
    Lincoln Capitol

Is a fine piece of engineering. At 400 ft, it is the tallest structure in Lincoln and can be seen by most everyone.

As to the eveness of hea, I attribute that to all of the hot-air blowing from all of the politicians. :)

Paul
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Good lookin' kid...

I remember when he was just an ankle biter :-)

Funny how times flies, ain't it...

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    How far is Big Bend Texas from you. It is beautiful.

My brother inlaw was the head of concessions there at the park and we visited. Amazing place for camping I think. May be too far although.
This discussion has been closed.