Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New A/C Trouble

Are yo working with a lennox, carrier or what? Indoor wet bulb is and excellent starting point. What is the Outdoor ambient? What does the charging chart on the inside of the electrical cover say it should be based on outside temp? What is the indoor dry bulb? If the indoor dry bulb is below 70 degrees, your suction pressure is going to be low. 10 degrees subcooling could be a good rule of thumb on new equipment but you should refer to the install manual to be sure.

Comments

• Trex
    Trex Member Posts: 1

I have a new 2.5 ton a/c unit that is driving me nuts. Started it for the first time today and it runs 58 on the suction side and 210 on the discharge. Liquid line temp is 83 and its 85 outside. Thought the txv was bad so i changed it and the same thing. Dad sent me to fix this and i am kinda lost on what to do next.
  • don_185
    don_185 Member Posts: 312
    measure

Measure your total static pressure and check it on manufacturer fan performace to see if you have the correct
    fan speed.

Looking at what little info given I would say that you are starting to stack refrigerant in the condenser.

Could that mean low airflow,low load,restriction? One would never know with so little info.

This discussion has been closed.