Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Knight or Trinity

Bruce_26
Bruce_26 Member Posts: 27
What would be the best choice for a sealed combustion gas boiler? A Knight or Trinity or some other choice? Size would be in the 100,000 BTU range. 90+% efficiency.

Comments

• Josh M.
    Josh M. Member Posts: 360

Bruce,

I have tried them both. I have to say the Knight blows the Trinity out of the water in terms of control options and ease of installation.

However, in that size my first choice would be a Triangle Tube Prestige Solo 110. Very reliable, requires little maintenance, low pressure drop, versatile venting options, and great controls.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    I agree also Josh, Tim

• Josh M.

Hey Tim, just quoted my first 399's. How did your install of them go?
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    they both perform very well

so i would base my choice off something else..we have installed both and now use trinity or peerless because they are the only two that have ''parts'' support locally..the best boiler is a piece of junk on a cold night if the parts arn't carried in town..

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Josh, I am up to 9 of the 399s so far and counting

Been a great beast. Gerry, regarding parts, we buy a repair kit for the boilers we install so parts are available in our shop. Our supplier also has repair kit in stock. I know it is nice to have a distributor carry the parts but we just can't count on it!!! Tim
    PS, in 3 years of using Prestige now, not one part has been used!!!
  • Josh M.

Ya, we have close to 20 110's without a single failure other than a combustion adjustment on a delayed ignition. No parts yet though, not even and igniter and a few of them are 2-3 years old.
This discussion has been closed.