Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

favorite radiant manifold

Lil-Roc
Lil-Roc Member Posts: 50
Uponor (Wirsbo)I like the best. It's a little more money than some of the others, but with Wirsbo you have some labor savings.

Comments

• bovide_4
    bovide_4 Member Posts: 161

what are your favorite brands of radiant manifolds to use? My suppliers carry Embassy and Wirsbo, and I have seen other nice looking pieces on internet stores. Something to replace my ugly homemade 2" type K header with 1/2" soldered globe valves.(money was tight)
  • Glen
    Glen Member Posts: 855
    we have used -

most major brands but more recently the SS header from Watts. Easy to adjust with flow meters on each loop and an integral PDV.
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Caleffi

Caleffi has nice manifolds with the right options and fewer O-rings to potentially leak than most other brands I have seen. If you have glycol in your system, it is worth avoiding some of the bells and whistles to avoid the leak potential. My advice is to buy a manifold with only the options you need and prefer threaded connections over O-ring connections.
  • Rob Blair
    Rob Blair Member Posts: 227
    Glycol and O-Rings?

Andrew,

Never knew there was a problem mixing the two. Could you elaborate.

Rob
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Manifolds

I'm not saying that O-rings will fail. I just have more faith in connections that do not depend on an O-ring.

I personally prefer parts with a minimum of potential to leak, ie. fewer bells and whistles like temperature gauges, ball valves, individual flow meters, etc. Plus if the system is designed right, it doesn't need those extras.
  • Kevin_54
    Kevin_54 Member Posts: 30
    Manifolds

I have used both Wirsbo and Watts in the past but i am partial to Watts. Wirsbo has some nice add on's like the electronic/ computer gizmo that can store flow and temp readings. Check out the new products section on HvacTV, there are videos on both Wirsbo and Watts.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    it doesn't get any better

copper! Watts Radiant, PHP, Alberta T Drill Sioux Chief, and a few others offer all sorts of copper manifolds.

They will build to your spec, and Watts keeps a good inventory of the most common 1" trunk with pex connections ball valves or not.

If I'm not mistaken Watts builds manifolds for quite a few of the radiant tube companies.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Joe Billow_6
    Joe Billow_6 Member Posts: 69

I like the Ipex manifold stations, but usually use the plain Ipex manifolds to keep costs down.
  • Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    I like

If you want plain vanilla you can't go wrong with Sioux Chief copper manifolds.

Vieaga makes a large variety in brass and stainless, with all the B&W's or without.

http://www.viega-na.com/pl.php?p=proradiant&s=products&c=Manifolds
This discussion has been closed.