Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gas furnance wont heat house

Options
Power surges and power outages do happen in my neighborhood once ever 2 months or so.
The gas furnace I am referring to is in the attic of a dual unit Sys in my house.

Thanks Again
Gary

Comments

• garyppi2488018
    garyppi2488018 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Gas furnance wont heat house

Hellow and please help me!!
    A licensed HVAC friend is helping me fix my heating Sys.
    We have replaced the -gas valve,flame sensor,& control board units.Traced back all wires for shorts,checked ventilation,thermostat Etc.We did find a defective switch under the fan motor, that we are replacing.
    part # 47-22860-01 - could this be what makes the burner turn off after a proper start up .Every thing comes on but after the fan kicks on the burner shuts of after about 15 Sec.The Sys is only 6 yrs old and is clean.Stoped working
    1 week ago and hasent has any other problems before
    My friend has 20 yrs experience and has never seen this.
    Here is more Info.
    Weather King Gas Furnance.
    Model : 80PJ05EARO1
    Ser : EB5D302F390206361
    Please give me you ideas to fix the problem or comments
  • Bill_68
    Bill_68 Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Furnace Problem

Have your contractor get in touch with the factory at: http://www.furnacecompare.com/manufacturers/weatherking.html
    or get a second service call opinion from another qualified HVAC contractor in your area. I would assume that Rheem could help solve the issue.

G'Luck

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Wayne_16
    Wayne_16 Member Posts: 130
    Options
    Reverse polarity?

How is the power supply to the unit. Is the 120 volts applied to the black wire going to the control board. If for some reason the power is reversed the control board and flame sensor will cycle the unit off on safety.

To check the correct voltage, locate the black & white power supply wires. Measure from chassis ground to the white wire, 0 volts, the black wire should measure 120 volts.

I like to correct the wiring issue at the fault location roather than reversing the wires in the junction box located on the furnace.
This discussion has been closed.