Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Remote sensor thermostat

Carol,
I'm having a lot of difficulty navigating honeywell site.
As described, I would like a thermostat which only uses remote sensors (preferably 2, but 1 would do) and not average the temp with the main unit. Which model would you recommend?
Thanks Marty.

Comments

• BigJoe_2
    BigJoe_2 Member Posts: 7
    which thermostat supports remote sensors ?

House is a rental property, 2 family home, steam heat.
    The tenants are impossible to please, and I am at my wits end.
    Last year, after seeing crazy gas bills (who knows what they'll be this winter!) I installed a cover over the thermostat which is on the first floor. Stopped by to check on a "faulty" smoke detector they were complaining about (i guess tenants do not know about changing batteries), saw a strange site. It seems they were taking the temperature control into their own hands. Sitting on the plastic thermostat box/cover was one of those frozen gel-filled pads which are used for bumps on the head or sore muscles.

They couldn't change the settings, but the could trick things up and freeze the thermostat.
    So that explained why the upstairs apt windows were open in January.

So... I will not be renewing their lease, had it with them.
    But... I am looking for a new thermostat, where the "brains" are located in my locked basement, and there are remote sensors in one or both or the apartments (maybe even on the ceiling where they can't be played with.

Also, ideally where should the thermostat be located, 1st floor or 2nd floor?

Welcome to the Wall Carol, and thanks for your and the Wallies help. -Marty
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 950
    There are many

choices for remote stats. I'd go with a Honeywell because they have the best adjustments of cycling rate for steam. The Vision Pro would be an easy one to do.

Of course that won't help with frozen gel packs over the sensor :)

Usually stats or on the 1st floor but a matter of preference I suppose.
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397

Your best bet for temp averaging is the the TH8110 for single stage or TH8320 for 2 stage. You can use 1, 4, or 9 sensors. Otherwise, you're back to the good old T7300, which will cost you more complex to use.
This discussion has been closed.