Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell Zone Valve

Is the V8043F series compatible to a ZVC406 Taco zone-valve controller?

I would just like to simplify wiring with a singular control board instead of daisy-chaining all of the end-switches to the pump relays R-W terminals. The secondary loop was re-piped with a differential bypass to bleed off the extra flow as zone-valves open and close.

To simplify my question, can I use this zone valve in a 2-wire application?

Thinking about it and trying to answer my own question, it seems that I should be able to use terminals 1 & 2 of the Taco ZVC to wire in the TH and TR terminals to power open and close, jumper 3&4 on the ZVC controller for end-switch, and run my T-stat leads to the R&W of the ZVC. (?)

I met you in Denver at Wetstock III and appreciate your books. You have helped me get leap years ahead of where I was. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

PR

Biggerstaffradiantsolutions.com

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=353&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    since nobody replied.

I could not read the details on your Taco controller, but if it's anything like some of the Taco controllers I have seen, I dont see a problem. 2 wire zones are the easiest to adapt to other applications, 3 wire needs alittle thought and planning but I think you should be OK.
  • Gerry Ermer
    Gerry Ermer Member Posts: 4
    Honeywell V8043f1036

This zone valve is definitely compatible with the Taco controller you selected.We distribute both and match them all the time
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397

Looks like you got good replies before I got to you. Great. Glad to hear from you!
This discussion has been closed.