Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Fridays Rock and Roll Birthday

Wayco Wayne_2
Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
all my rock idols from growing, up being over 60. I mean... I'm not getting any older. I swear! The song title, "I Don't Want to Fade Away," seems approprieate. :O. I've attached a photo of Hunting after 60 sent to me by my cousin in Upstate NY. It barely relates, but I wanted to share it. :). WW

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=255&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Eric Clapton

Turns 62 today ....

I can't even begin to write something here. Where do you begin. Lets just eb thankfull for all the Great Music.

O.K. here's a tidbit for you old timers : Clapton played lead on the Yardbirds first hit " For You Love " it was released after he had quit the band.

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Paul Rohrs_4
    Paul Rohrs_4 Member Posts: 466
    \"Unplugged\"

Perhaps that was Erics epiphany moment after some Metamucil.

Regards,

PR
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    And..

He played lead on the Beatles "While my guitar gently weeps"
  • Lurkin' Murkin'
    Lurkin' Murkin' Member Posts: 136

He sure has had an amazing body of work, other than the Roger Waters disaster. His latest with JJ Cale sounds good, and it's good to hear him teamed up with someone who's songs he (and others) covered so long ago... Cream was the tops - I have "Live Cream # 2", with unbelieveable versions of "Tales of Brave Ulysses", "White Room", and one you never hear: "Deserted Cities of the Heart". The RELENTLESS sparring with Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker is completely mindblowing!
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    I read this morning

that during the "Let it Be" studio work, that George Harrison could'nt take the fighting and walked out. Lennon wanted to have Clapton take his place. Would'nt THAT have been something ?

He also asked The Band if he could join them after the released " Music from Big Pink " and they TURNED HIM DOWN ???

Thats today in Rock and Roll

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Wayne....

I believe the name of that song is "bell bottom blues"...

Oh the 70's...I DO remember parts. Chris
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Right you are Chris

As an old hoopie I shoulda known that. Sure wish I had some of them brain cells I lost back in college. :Z Good stuff fer sure. I've got Erics latest duet album with JJ Cale. I wonder if his fingers are stiff in the morning like mine? WW

This discussion has been closed.