Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

They call em \"instructions\" for a reason! (GrandPAH)

swap the 011 & 007. I'll post before pics once I get a chance to dnld from the camera.

An 011 & 010 have no business being on the BB loops - unless they're about 1/4-mile away.

The 007, according to HTP, will give about 80K output pumping through the 199M and it's on the wrong side of the boiler anyway.

Comments

• Not knee pads!

We visited the mod-con as requested to see why it wasn't behaving. A 199M Munchkin.

HO complaint before we could get to the mechanical room: 61F during the recent cold spell. Baseboards cold on one side of the home (the return side).

Four baseboard zones lined up with pumps as follows: 0010; 0011; 007; 007. Must be two baseboard & two rad zones, right? Wrong. Four 3/4" copper finned tube BB zones.

Then I glanced at the primary loop circ - a 007!

Three years she's been abused & three years without enough heat. And the HO blames the mfgr - not the installer!
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Perhaps

the installer figured, "heck, a 6-1/2" flange-to-flange dimension.... must be the same pump!" Interchangeable... at least you can!
  • jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,338
    And the

outcome is?
  • Real men don't

eat quiche. Real men never admit they're lost. And. They don't read instructions. C'mon Dave. You're being a wuss.
  • Brad White_9
    Hey Ron

I lost the instructions you gave me to that neat quiche place you told me you loved so much, the one where they gave you your own booth?

I am at I-95 and I-495- can you get me directions?

I love you, man. Enjoyed our bonding weekend but you left your drumstick and copy of "Iron John" by the campfire next to the sweat lodge.

:)

Brad
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    But Dave...

If'n it weren't for the howlin' pipes....how would I know it's running?

Been there, done that...got the T-shirt!

Now Brad and Ron....what's the campfire thing about? Did I miss a meeting of the mindless? Chris
  • Actually Brad,

I took the instructions so we would have some T Paper for the weekend. Your contacts must be scratched. That wasn't a drum stick, it was a cricket bat. Nor was that a sweat lodge. Didn't you see the beaver?

You'll have to get closer w/ the 95/495 question. Is that Philly or D. C? Which way would you like to go? Or, should I guess?

Booths are so gauche. The dais is mine.

Having a bad hair day?

• Brad White_9
    Oh,

You mean the flat-tailed fellow was not you? Geesh, and we were bonding so well....

No bad hair day. No hair to spare! All in good fun.

See you on the dais

:)
  • I don't need no steenking

directions cause I have a Garmin GPS driving pal that Lois gave me for Christmas. Don't know how I ever lived without one!

If only they made ones to guide installers of high-tech products! "In twelve inches, turn right to the air eliminator. You are now leaving the air eliminator and will travel three feet to the first zone T."
  • Baseboard loops?

Taco 005 or Grundfos 15-42, maximum. How much flow can you get thru that Munchkin with the 0011 in place?

"Steamhead"

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • real men don't need GPS...

Since Real Men know which way is the sun comes up in east and down in the west and north gonna be between them.... Geeezzzzz.... Maybe u been working too hard.. Getting to jobs in basement before sunrise, leaving after sunset....
  • The only problem is??????

> Taco 005 or Grundfos 15-42, maximum. How much

> flow can you get thru that Munchkin with the 0011

> in place?

>

> "Steamhead"

>

> _A

> HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=

> 367&Step=30"_To Learn More About This

> Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in

> "Find A Professional"_/A_

I have been in your shoes before.

You go in and see exactly what the installer did wrong. You know exactly how to correct the problem. You straighten out the system and give them heat and comfort like they never had before. You show them exactly where the other guy wnet wrong, and show them that you are correcting the problems and properly installing the system to the mfg spec.

Then you give her the bill. AND YOU'RE THE BUM.
  • The only problem is??????

I have been in your shoes before.

You go in and see exactly what the installer did wrong. You know exactly how to correct the problem. You straighten out the system and give them heat and comfort like they have never had before. You show them exactly where the other guy went wrong, and show them that you are not only correcting the problems but you are properly installing the system to the mfg spec.

Then you give her the bill. AND YOU'RE THE BUM. You gave her a bill for something that she has already paid someone else to do, and she thinks that she should not have to pay a second time for that work.

When it comes to re-work for an unhappy customer, I would be very careful that you have a firm contract for the work and a FIRM price that she agrees to pay for your positive results.

I also would get a significant amount of that money in advance.

Ed Carey
  • Ed Lentz_2
    Ed Lentz_2 Member Posts: 158
    Come on now

I thought most of you guys were educated! EVERYONE knows instructions are the manufactures way of cutting down on packing material!!

Geeeeesh :)
  • Deal - or no deal?

The real deal!
  • Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    I know the problem

There are too many of you out there that must watch the movie "Deliverance" like, every weekend I bet....

"Now squeeeeeeeel like a pig!"

The best part of that whole dang movie was Burt driving that International Harvester like a wild man on his way to the river.

Cosmo
  • get on that

Get on that bike, using ur gps and get out of there unless there's a bag of cash sitting on the floor for you to solve this nightmare...
  • unsung heroes

Guess who's picking up the tab.

Give up?

It's the supply house.

The installer was told what was needed by representatives of HTP. Nothing was done.

The HO was told too.

The supply house in question is a top-notch kinda place where the folks take a keen interest in serving their customers. The HO, who has a remodeling business, has an account there & purchased the product from them. This is service after the sale and service way above and beyond the call of duty IMHO.

Don't tell the 1st year students at Thaddeus Stevens College, but this will be on their test in an upcoming classroom exercise where they will need to pick circs for this job.
  • Tony_23
    Tony_23 Member Posts: 1,033
    Wow

That's an extraordinary SH ! Not knocking all of them, but it's unusual for a SH to pick up the ball like that. Good for them.
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Last Winter

I got a call to consult on a job that wasnt working due to one of those darn Munchkins. Boiler was feeding a radiant floor that would have needed about 30,000 btu's using a high 30 btu per sq ft guesstimate. No PS piping and an M199 being served by a 007. Duh, those Munchkins suck man. That poor boiler didnt have a chance. Customer didnt like what I told him and stiffed me on the bill. At least I got a good laugh out of it. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • seems like

lots of folks can't grasp the concept of head loss and choosing a good circ to match. Seems like such a no-brainer!
  • Troy_3
    Troy_3 Member Posts: 479
    unappreciated

Why is it that you are the bad guy when you tell the homeowner that the mess needs a total revamp. I'm really getting tired of being the jerk cause it costs more to do the job right. And it costs more to undo the mess and redo it right. We have just been through 3 weeks of severe cold. I bet there were more than a few homeowners sorry they cut costs.
  • Mitch_4
    Mitch_4 Member Posts: 955
    But...

they're all GREEN!!

lol
  • Joe Brix
    Joe Brix Member Posts: 626
    Hey Dave!

How'd you get a picture to appear like that? I thought they would only appear as links, now??? Or did Dan show you the secret handshake? :-)

Starch
  • Schultzie says

I haf mine vays!
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,512
    But look at what its size

does to the text, Dave. We have to scroll back and forth to read now. That's why I have the Wall set to put all photos in the background. A little help, please.
    Retired and loving it.
  • turned away

Lots of calls from folks like that during the bitter cold snap. Regular customers get our priority and I'm not willing to run our techs into the ground chasing OT calls. Tis the season to have had an established relationship with a mechanical contractor. Not that we didn't bust our humps to get to everyone we could - we did.

We visited dozens of folks whose systems were not sized properly and loaned out most of our portable heaters to get them through the worst of the weather. As badly as you feel for the folks whose systems can't cut the mustard, there's little that can be done. Bundle up & snuggle up.

It gripes me too that we're typically the bad guys in this type of scenario. But hey! I didn't install it and I didn't make the products. It's kinda like blaming the doc for telling you you've got an ailment!
  • Sorry

Dan,

On mine it doesn't do that & appears within the window, which is why I resized it first. Please feel free to hide it, delete it or move it. No harm meant & I hit the link's tap without thinking. Old habits die hard.

Won't happen again pal.

Thanks for letting me know.

Dave

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,512
    No problem.

It also really slows the Wall's loading time for those who are not on high-speed connections, which is another reason why we did this. It's shrunk now.
    Retired and loving it.

lashes with a wet pex noodle!
  • Uni R_3
    Uni R_3 Member Posts: 299
    I wish it were a no brainer...

I've yet to see anyone here claim that they could accurately calculate the head loss of a typical monoflo system.
  • Green - like environmental green?

Nothing wrong with green circs. They are tops too. In fact, I'd be hard pressed to find fault with any of the circ mfgrs we utilize and green is one of several we handle.

However, I ain't ever gonna give the knock-offs I saw at ISH-NA the time of day. Not even if they were free or paid us to take the damn things off their hands. Steenkin bastiges even copied the shapes and colors. That ain't right!
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 704

I would be happy to help size a circulator if anyone needs help.
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • Joe

Didn't notice the e-mail address till now. Keep up the great educational work you all do from Cranston, RI. It's much appreciated. Unfortunately, the ones you're offering to help don't seek out guidance. It says "circulator" on the box & that's good enough for them.

BTW, you all need to get out and shout about your higher tech pumps you all ran by me during our visit. D-P & D-T pumps no less.

To the hard working folks out on the floor - we love ya!
This discussion has been closed.