Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

One Helluof Man

Mad Dog_2
Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
Very unique and a loyal friend. You ain't too shabby neither Chuck. Mad Dog

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=299&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Chuck Shaw_11
    Chuck Shaw_11 Member Posts: 4
    What great friends

I spent a day with Ken Secor, what a great and strange friendship.

I met Ken at the first wetstock, I admire and respect him, and beside that, I like being in his company,

As many of you know, Ken retired, and is now living in the "northen kingdom" what a wonderful home he has built, and the lovely Jaye, "what a doll"

I met wiht Ken this week, and my respect for him just grows.

I had so much fun, and positive interaction, and then we wetn to dinner, and with the locals, we had a show.

god love, hold you and bless you ken, and I know I will drive safe.....
  • Chuck

I have never had the pleasure of meeting Ken, but we have "spoken" numerous times via computer. I envy his vast knowledge, and have great respect for his witty opinions. His writing style is quite unique and I enjoy reading every one of his posts. He`s always around to help with advice, and quick to disagree if something goes "against his grain", and always gives credit, where credit is due.
    I couldn`t agree more, one HECK of a guy!

Dave(The Lad)
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    I'll throw my hat in

Ken IS a great guy and has been a great friend.

What I love about Ken is the two personna's that he carrys. He is the acerbic intellect on the wall and the warm and dedicated friend in person.

You ARE a great guy Ken.

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ken_40
    Ken_40 Member Posts: 1,320
    Flattery will get you...

Everywhere.

For those of you who don't know, Chuck Shaw, Munchkin savant, has been given a substantial promotion within HTP. He now owns the company. Dave just hasn't been told yet.

APRIL FOOLS !!!!
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Hey Ken

Glad to hear you are doing well. A rhetorical question for you. What would Chuck do if he owned HTP? Hmmmmm. Hope you have found a good Jazz club up there in the great froaen North of Vermont. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ken_40
    Ken_40 Member Posts: 1,320
    Jazz?

Other than an NPR, State of VT run evening jazz program, which is FM and I only have FM in the car(s), I have the CD player.

Since I never had time to listen to my CD's much before retirement, I am doing lots of listening. I am enthralled with one of my all time favorites, Bill Evans. I thought I had every recording he ever made and have found archival stuff now that is too numerous to mention but if you ever wanted a soft, most beautiful music imaginable CD that is evocatively unique, either Bill Evans "Plays for Lovers" or "Sunday at The Village Vangaurd" are recordings that can absolutely make you cry with the tenderness and melancholic skills of the brilliant jazz trio form.

To suggest I highly recommend those two CD's would be understatement.

The Montreal Jaz Festival is about the only venue that's close and major league. Other than that, it's CD's and evenings of NPR.

But then, The Big Ugly is coming up. A few blocks west on Bleeker and you have a dozen of the best jazz joints on earth.
This discussion has been closed.