Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rate of water removal?

exactly how much water can possibly be in that pipe.

Nice to see you Don. Are you going to bless us with your presence on February 23rd?

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Using 7cfm vac pump

I have an under ground gas line that was run about 4 weeks ago. Water had gotten inside when customer removed protective cap. We have used nitrogen to remove most of the water, but since there are a few dips and pitches in the line, I still have blockage. I guess My Q: is "will a vacuume pump aid in the removal of the remaining water and at what rate? Any other thoughts welcome.
    Thanks Mike T.
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Two Quick Questions

What size is the line and how long is the run?
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Sorry about that Eugene

Line is 1" "Gas Tight" aprox. 60 to 80 ft. I know for a fact that when I blew it out, the line was clear per/say. But, due to the dips, the water layed in there not allowing gas flow. I think it's comming thru, but when the dip has water in it, the pressure is not enough to allow flow to break thru. Aslo, additional 1" hard drawn after that for about 30ft. I think the main water blockage is in the underground like though.
  • don_156
    don_156 Member Posts: 87
    Just a

suggestion...that gastite is alot like flex duct it really create higher static and reduce flow.

Without knowing the btu load on that line I would say your
    distribution is undersize if its low pressure.

I just did one recently at 40 feet 150000 btu and it call for a 1 1/4 line with sealtite.

Not saying thats your problem but I was just surpise at how big the gas line had to be for such a short distance.

• don_156
    don_156 Member Posts: 87
    I would

love to be there..but like most this time of year I'm busy taking care of santa final payments.

However, I have my funds set aside when you come to my town or, when the book become availible.
    And then we are always slow in spring..hint,hint.

The crews here awaiting your arrival.

• Eugene Silberstein 3
    Where are you located?

• D lux_2
    D lux_2 Member Posts: 230
    the underground sprinkler Co.

uses a airjack compressor to blow lines .
  • don_163
    don_163 Member Posts: 67
    i dont know

• Eugene Silberstein 3
    I'm doing an experiment, Mike.

I'll have an answer for you in a little bit, buddy.
This discussion has been closed.