Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

furnace comes on with thermostats set at 50 (5 zones 3 pumps)

i don't know what to call this wirsbo/rinnai system so i call it a 'furnace'.

with all thermostats set at 50 degrees the system starts up and heats the house.
the 5 zones have never heated properly but now that i have to use the breaker box, we don't have domestic hot water until it is turned on again.

do you know of anyone in the Portland, Oregon area that i can call for help

thanx, susie

Comments

• Susan Johnson
    Susan Johnson Member Posts: 9
    furnace comes on with all thermostats set at 50 degrees

the furnace comes on by itself. have to turn it off at the breaker box. i'm the one with the 5 zones and 3 pumps.

• First make sure the Boiler

it is a boiler by the way not a furnace, does not have an aquastat for maintaining temperature.

What kind of zone valves do you have? One or more of them may have an end switch that is stuck closed. If they are TACO valves then turn the power back on and disconnect the number three wire one at a time and see if that shuts the boiler off. If so that valve head is stuck and needs replaced.

Good idea to get a professional to take a look at the system.
  • burnerman_2
    burnerman_2 Member Posts: 297
    you most likly

you most likly have a boiler that maintains temp. if the boiler runs does any part of the house heat up?? if not then everything is working and the way to turn it off is just what you did royboy
  • Susan Johnson
    forced to turn the tankless water heater off in the breaker box

with all thermostats set at 50 degrees the system starts up and heats the house.
    the 5 zones have never heated properly but now that i have to use the breaker box, we don't have domestic hot water until it is turned on again.

thanx, susie

• Susan Johnson
    forced to turn the tankless water heater off in the breaker box

thanx, susie

• Susan you defintely need someone

who is a professional to take a look at your system. Go to the "Find a Pro" section of this sight and put in your Zip code and see if anyone comes up. If not look in your yellow pages for someone who installs boilers, forced hot water systems.
This discussion has been closed.