Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

My latest project...

Options
The Wire Nut
The Wire Nut Member Posts: 420
Here's the newest wallie and wethead, born Weds. April 6th at 9:07 pm and weighing in at 9 lbs, 4 ozs.

It's our first, and Elias Antonio Marx and his mother are both doing well and hopefully resting at this hour!

The saintly Layla went through 24 hours of labor before they decided it was best to deliver by c-section. Being only 5' 2" I suppose it was the best option for our little "porker"!

I was able to finally hold him about 20 minutes after he was delivered and there is no greater feeling then the first time you press your baby to your body and look into that face. Poor Layla was not able to hold him until about an hour later, but they soon bonded as only a mother and baby can...

For all the macho talk, I am not sure many men could take the pain that birth can bring. I know it was almost more than I could take watching my wife suffer and the only thing I could say was "breath, honey"...

As Dan says; "Hug your kids..."
"Let me control you"

Lost in SOHO NYC and Balmy Whites Valley PA

Comments

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    The Greatest Project EVER

Congratulations and my best wishes.

You have just completed one of the most amazing projects ever, and at 9lbs 4 oz, your wife deserves a medal.

It truely is over whelming when you first see each other.

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Options
    Congratulations!

That's a cute kid! I hope that all your wishes for the three of you will come true in the coming years. All the best!
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,528
    Options
    So glad for you.

Handsome dude!

Bello's awaits.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Options
    What a wonderful project.

Congratulations on a beautiful looking family. It brings me back to my 3 times spent in the delivery room. (Ah yes...my wife clutching me by the throat, screaming. "you did this to me!!! Funny how the past is seen through rose colored glasses. I remember it fondly) Being a Parent is how a man knows where he belongs on this earth. Your good fortune reminds me of my own. Thanks for sharing, and my best to your family. Wayco Wayne

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Paul Rohrs_4
    Paul Rohrs_4 Member Posts: 466
    Options
    Congratulations.......

Children bring so much joy. Congratulations to you and your bride.

Regards,

The Rohrs Family
  • Norbert
    Norbert Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Best Wishes

May you learn as much from him as he will from you.
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    Congrats!

Take lots of pictures. THey grow up SO fast...

ME
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    *~/:) ...Your Layla's GOT THE Baby:)She aint lettin go :)

It is a funny deal, people start out looking like they are 60 :))maybe in a couple weeks you can have him tote the aluminium wrenches in :)what some guys are having to resort to to get new help these days :) ...Congratulations.!
  • Troy_3
    Troy_3 Member Posts: 479
    Options
    Congrats

Your project is just getting off the ground. This will be the most enjoyable and at times hair pulling projects you will attempt. Love every minute to it's fullest. Nothing will give you more Joy!
  • Boiler Guy
    Boiler Guy Member Posts: 585
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS DADDY

Just so you know .... You may only had a small role to play in the creation of this project. However, YOUR training has just begun! Grab on tight. It's gonna be a heck of a educational ride! All the very best.
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options
    Smiley face...

He looks happy he's here! Don't turn away for a minute, next thing he'll want is the car keys and college money! Enjoy him while he's little, they grow up so quick!
  • Dave Palmer_3
    Dave Palmer_3 Member Posts: 388
    Options
    best to all

• A.J.
    A.J. Member Posts: 257
    Options
    That is the best project

I have seen in a long time. thanks for sharing it helps to remind us why we all work so hard doing that we do.

CONGRATES.
  • EJW
    EJW Member Posts: 321
    Options
    Congrats

Your in for a great ride my friend. Heres what happened to my wife and I in 8/04. EJW
  • The Wire Nut
    The Wire Nut Member Posts: 420
    Options
    The joys...

Thank you all so much for all the kind words and wonderful advice. And EJW, you sure have a handful of handsome twins!

Unfortunately, I have come down with some sort of sinus infection and am keeping myself from Elias and Layla. It's really tough not being able to hold your baby... I stopped by today to check up and bring some stuff over and see from a distance. Layla is recovering well from the experience but still quite sore. Elias has a set of lungs but stops when he's picked up and held. My turn will come...

Here's some more pictures from today...

"Let me control you"

Lost in SOHO NYC and Balmy Whites Valley PA
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    The most amazing

moment of my life happen the first time I ssaw my first son.

I use to speak to him every night before he was born. Sort of a joke, like " You would had funw ith us today Pal ".

When he was born and crying his lungs out. I leaned over and said "Hi Pal". He stopped crying and turned his head and looked at me. My wife said " He sure knows who you are ".

He knew my voice.

Have fun

Hug em ALOT.

Scott

• Guy_5
    Guy_5 Member Posts: 159
    Options
    Congratulations

Parenting is truly one of the hardest yet most rewarding experiences of my life. You both will love it.
    An added benefit to becoming a parent is having the excuse to do kid stuff-train sets, mudball, rockets-oh that was fun (what if we put the "D" engine in?..Don't worry son, we'll go get a new rocket.)
    Again, congratulations- enjoy the time. Mine was just born and now he's 17.

GW
  • George_10
    George_10 Member Posts: 580
    Options
    My four were little and then they were gone

It seemed like a blink of an eye.

Many tell you this when they are small, but believe me it is true. Time flies by and everyone is busy. Then you look around and it is in the past.

Congratulations on your terrific project.
  • jerry scharf_3
    jerry scharf_3 Member Posts: 419
    Options
    congrats

Alex,

I know the story, help at the beginning, stand around and talk at the end, someone else does all the heavy lifting. :) It was like that for me too.

I wish a great life for all three of you, and a lot of fun along the way.

jerry
  • Uni R
    Uni R Member Posts: 663
    Options
    Nice work

That's a nice little project you have there. Careful though, they leak and are quite noisy for the first year. After that their maintenance requirements get even worse and they are almost impossible to troubleshoot but they truly are a joy to behold.
  • Ken_8
    Ken_8 Member Posts: 1,640
    Options
    Alex,

Sorry I didn't recognize the new handle, "stonehouse" and thus, never saw the blurb.

Congrats and best wishes,

Ken & Jaye

This discussion has been closed.