Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

High in the 80's

And people wonder why their AC's freeze up.

Just got off the phone with my 3rd one in 2 days. The upstairs AC freezes up and all of the sudden the blower doesn't work!

I try to tell customers about the temp and refrigerant pressure relationships, but I can almost hear their eyes glaze over through the phone.

I've been telling them to run the blower in the 'on' position instead of 'auto' to keep air flow across the coil. With most people, it works but some just don't have a clue.

No one wants to pay for a head pressure fan cycling switch, even one of the inexpensive encapsulated ones.

Sometimes....

Comments

• Mitch_10
    Mitch_10 Member Posts: 1
    Walk in refrigerator door

I was wondering are there any codes or regulations stopping me from putting an automatic or spring door closer on a walk in refer/freezer in a cafeteria that a private school uses in California? ADA? Title 5? Title 24?

Thanks
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    Jeff Lawrence_25 Member Posts: 746
    You

might want to start a new thread with your question.
  • don_185
    don_185 Member Posts: 312
    Sometimes....

I say to myself man these people can really be hard of hearing...and then, I make payrole for the week.....

I say...YeaAAA!! I love those people.

• Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    This will happen...

Jeff,

This will continue to happen as long as there are air conditioning systems.

The one thing to do is to explain to the customer that there are ways to avoid these "charges" in the future. Installing an outdoor thermostat is often a less expensive alternative than a head pressure control.

This discussion has been closed.