Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Organization for Mechanical Contractors.. (ME)

www.greenmech.org

Anyone else join them yet?

ME

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    I'm in

sounds like a good group to belong to. Timing couldn't be better. Quite a bit of the recent ASHRAE Dallas show was "talking green"

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Greg Gibbs
    Greg Gibbs Member Posts: 75
    Looks like a ..

good group of guy's on the board...I sent them a note asking if reptiles could join. -Greg
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Agreed

Looks like some good folks -- count The NEWS in (as an interested observer).
  • Peter Groenewold
    Peter Groenewold Member Posts: 11
    ME-thanks for letting us know about this

This is just what we need. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I just joined.

We need to get going on changing how we do things or I firmly believe that trouble is on the horizon.

paul shay
    a real good plumber,inc
    nyc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Interesting that

none of the major American boiler makers are represented on this site. Only a couple I've never heard of....

• Tom Meyer_2
    Tom Meyer_2 Member Posts: 1
    The Green Mechanical Council (GreenMech)

We are very proud to have Hot Rod as our first contractor member.

Although it sounds like we're an organization of mechanical contractors, we have members from manufacturing, education, unions, contracting firms, non-profit organizations, and publishers.

Our focus to provide education and networking to contractors through our education modules, news items, product information, virtual trade show and bookstore.
    Check us out. We're involved. We're motivated. Join us.

www.greenmech.org

To answer Steamhead...big companies don't move as quickly as the nimble "lean and mean" contractors, but they'll be here soon.

Tom Meyer
    Executive Director
    Green Mechanical Council (GreenMech)
  • Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    It's the way things usually happen

The major shifts and changes in prevailing thought, policy, politics or whatever usually begin with a swell of support from the bottom up, not from the top down. Government needs to aid what is going on but they can't make it happen unless the people who actually work are behind the movement.

Here's to grassroots initiative.

A Guinness would be appropriate this time of year.
This discussion has been closed.