Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Short cycling of new P204

Options
Josh S.
Josh S. Member Posts: 9
> turned out to be a loose connection in the 1900 <BR>
> box that the relay is mounted on. <BR>
> <BR>
> _A <BR>
> HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id= <BR>
> 367&Step=30"_To Learn More About This <BR>
> Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in <BR>
> "Find A Professional"_/A_ <BR>
<BR>
I appreciate all of the help. The homeowner is staying home all day on Thursday and will be calling me as soon as the situation pops up. I will post the results of the situation. Thanks again.

Comments

• Josh S.
    Options

I recently install a Burnham P204 and it has an intermitten short cycling problem (run time of less than 30 seconds happening over 20 times in 15 minutes). The homeowner has been monitoring it and even video taped it. Everytime I go over to inspect it is running fine. I told the owner to jumper out the thermostat next time it happens, and that changed nothing. I realize that the problem is in the control side, I just can't pinpoint which sensor is causing the problem. Any sugestions on diagnosing the problem???
  • heatguy
    heatguy Member Posts: 102
    Options

sounded like heat anticapator on t stat but if you jumped it i guess not you better check your safties ie roll out switch only thing i could think of besides low water cut off
  • Josh

Is this P204 an Electronic Ignition model or standing pilot? What exactly is shutting off and restarting when this short cycles on an off? Also where did you jump things out? Right at the thermostat connection to the boiler or upstairs at the thermostat? These answers will give me a better idea of what may be going on.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Technical Development

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • Josh S.
    Options

The thermostat was jumpered out at the connection to the boiler. The boiler has an Electronic Ignition. The relay is what is shutting off and turning on. Thanks for your help.

Josh
  • Josh

By relay I would assume you mean the Ignition Module or are you referring to the Isolation Relay that controls the circulator and Ignition circuit? If it is the Ignition Module that is dropping out I would assume that you are losing main flame, igniting the pilot again and reestablishing main flame again, then dropping out again?

The thing that puzzles me about this though is taht it doesn't happen when you are there. Could I make an assumption that this only happens when the house is occupied and when the owners are doing something else that they don't do when you are there? This could be something like laundry, cooking, taking a shower, etc.? If this is the case it could be related to something as simple as insufficient gas pressure or volume or a drop in voltage from another source such as a washing machine. Is the boiler on its own dedicated circuit with its own breaker?

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Technical Development

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    I had one of these a while back

turned out to be a loose connection in the 1900 box that the relay is mounted on.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.