Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

replaing flair vent damper with field control how to wire up

Options
How do you replace a flair vent damper with a field control? wiring harnesses are different

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Joe,...

The fact that you need assistance in the wiring part is cause enough to urge you to call a professional. NO DISSRESPECT MEANT, BUT THE WRONG WIRING CAN TAKE OUT YOUR FAMILY VERY EASILY CO poisoning.. I wish people could just understand that this is not a guessing profession and small mistakes call KILL. Experience and skill will provide you with properly running equipment and most of all safe equipment.

Mike T.
  • J.Baeli
    J.Baeli Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Vent Damper Replacement

I work in the HVAC business but I'm lost with the replacing of a Flair with a Field Control. I've replaced Flair with Honeywell before but now if it's a way to cut costs my Co. is going with Field control units. I know of the resaults of a vent damper not working Just looking for a little help to keep a little of my hair from turning grey.
  • J.Baeli
    J.Baeli Member Posts: 3
    Options

I've been now told I would follow the same procedure to replace a flair with field control as replacing a flair with a honeywell.
  • Joe Brix
    Joe Brix Member Posts: 626
    Options
    The obvious.....

....thing would be to test the operation of the damper after you replace it, Joe.........

.....but you knew that! :-)
This discussion has been closed.