Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell AQ475 Question

Hi Carol,
A little "trial & error" and I answered my own question! The terminals that I thought were a switch were just that. I was able to use 24-Vac through the switch instead of 120-Vac like the installer had on the old boiler. Also, from another thread on "The Wall" I learned how to access Honeywell's site and I was able to download PDF specs for the controller. I got the new boiler up and running yesterday. The controller was operating within the set ranges. Thanks for looking into it for me though! I will be calling on your expertise in the future, I am sure of that!

Comments

• Albert Huntermark
    Albert Huntermark Member Posts: 68
    Honeywell AQ475 Question

Carol, I am re-installing an existing Honeywell AQ475 Outdoor Setback control in a situation where I did a changeout of an existing conventional boiler with another conventional one. The only reference that I have,(without an internet search that is!)is the control itself and figure 41 on 77p of your book "Quick & Basic Hydronic Controls." My question is regarding the 2 terminals labeled "boiler aquastat, 120Vac, 1/8 hp." It appears that these are for a switch that would turn the boiler on/off, at the Honeywell AQ475's discretion, rather than directly from the thermosat. Since the thermostat for the system is wired to the Honeywell AQ475, instead of to the Aquastat relay, can I use 24Vac through the above mentioned switch, and control the Aquastat where the thermostat would have rather than using 120Vac through the switch? In this particular installation, it is easier to run low voltage through the controller, and power the aquatat with 120Vac independently. Please advise.
  • I've got a few questions also

about this specific control . The instructions show the control woking in conjunction with other Honeywell relays . I want to use this control with an oil boiler , Riello burner , indirect heater , and a Taco 4 zone relay . I don't care about boiler protection because it's getting scrapped for a low return temp handling boiler next year .

Are there other diagrams for this control and other brands of relays ?
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397
    Thanks for the question

Gotta research this. I'll be back at ya soon.
  • carol_3
    Thanks for the question

Gotta research this. I'll be back at ya soon.
  • carol_3

Thanks for being so self-reliant!
This discussion has been closed.