Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus G115/21 Install

singh
singh Member Posts: 866
Darin. I'm sure she will be happy with next years fuel bill.
Very clean install, with the tight fit behind equipment!

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=377&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Gene_2
    Gene_2 Member Posts: 59
    I just got these photos sent to me

I installed this boiler for my sister in early spring. No before pics,sorry. The old beast was firing at 145,000 btu's. It was a one piece steel unit with a domestic coil. No name plate. The Buderus fires at 74,000 btu's. It is still too big! I really tossed around the idea of a heat storage tank. The G115 is sitting on a LT 160 indirect. The existing piping was a real nasty mess. We neatened it all up with proper supports. I put a Taco #5000 thermostatic on the indirect so we could run the tank hotter(145') so there is no risk of Legionella bacteria and extended hot water run time.

The Oventrop oil filter is very nice. The see-thru bowl makes it easy to see any contamination problems or air bubbles. It has a mounting bracket to hold the filter assembly securely.

I used a Grundfos 15-58fc pump. Taco zone valves control the 3 total zones. Webstone isolation flanges. Webstone purge valves. All material supplied by N&S Supply (who else).

It will be interesting to see next years oil consumption since the boiler was decreased in size almost by half.

Darin
  • raul
    raul Member Posts: 1
    pipes

i notice that your supplys and returns are 3/4, even your indirect? , how about recovery?

• Gene_2
    Gene_2 Member Posts: 59

1" supply and return. 80,000 btu's at a 20' delta T = 1". Recovery is great. It is hard to tell pipe sizes by pictures.

Darin
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    I'm Looking at this like ......

Mr. Milne.

Looks nice! But...shouldn't that motor on the circulator be turned up? Isn't that pipe going down to feed the indirect a bit off level? I wouldn't have done it that way...I would have moved this pipe that way so....(see how he is? I know he's just shooting for "perfection", but sometimes, You get the choice...Do you want it quick, do you wan't it right or do you want it cheap....pick 2)

Nice work Darin. Now maybe you should show this to John Hall and add it to his "compliments" post. Chris
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
    I heard about this one........

hope you charged her enough!!!!! hee hee. Great as usual. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Jamie_6
    Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710

Nice looking job Darin! Now you have to talk her into a logimatic so you make that boiler a smart one!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ron Schroeder
    Ron Schroeder Member Posts: 998

I also have a G115-21 with an LT160. One thing that I did to reduce short cycling was to replace the indirect's aquastat with one with a wider differential. I use a Tekmar 150 with the differential set for 40 degrees.

I also found that the restriction in a zone valve limited the tanks ability to take all of the BTUs from the boiler. I now have the tank on it's own circ (Taco 007) and piped with 1 1/4" copper to get the ~15gpm flow that the LT1600 specs call for. I also have a swing check and a Hydrotrol installed on the supply and return of the tank to prevent gravity circulation.
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Thanks for everything!

I'm not sure we thank you guys enough for your business.

Another beautiful install by the best teachers I know...

THANK YOU!

Rick

*I know Mark Hunt, he is never far from the cigarettes and scotch he so loved. On the days when I was fortunate enough to be able to sit and listen to this giant of the hydronics industry, it was always through a cloud of bluish smoke. I think the man used only one match a day. Don't get me started about the Gilbert Gottfried routine...
  • Bill_73
    Bill_73 Member Posts: 2
    Nice job

The buderus looks nice
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Georgeous

Something about the colors blue and copper together. It's like nature, it's meant to be. Am I in love with Buderus blue or what? You know she's going to save money next Winter. I agree with Jamie, the logomatic would complete things. Nice work. WW

This discussion has been closed.