Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cut-In and Cut-out

Options
If you are unsure, HW has a great web site that can aid you in your Q?. Usually, unless a safety and not an operating control there is a differential inside which counter and works in conjunction with the control. Since I don't know what you have, who knows. More info would be great.

Mike T.

You can also post in the heating section of "The Wall" to get further information.

Comments

• Guest_5
    Guest_5 Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Cannot find Cut-out control

Hello,

On my steam boiler I can find the cut-in (its a Honeywell make that only shows Cut-in) and I set it to 0.5PSI. However, I cannot find the cut-out part. I will have to see if I can find the model and make of the Honeywell Cut-in module.

Also, the cut-off gauge popped recently (maybe due to high pressure?) and that was the only piece we replaced.

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the Cut-off dial inside the box.
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    THATY WAS EASY...

You may want to consult someone that can meet you on sight who is more versed in this topic so you don't get hurt...;-) (Seriously)

Mike T.
  • Guest_5
    Guest_5 Member Posts: 35
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I have read the instructions and the cut-off is Cut-in PLUS the Differential which I set to 1 (so its between 0.5 to 1.5psi; is that good enough for a basic 2 family house?)

Also main vent has been painted over by the previous owner and it seems stuck. I ordered a Gorton No.1 main vent trying to see if I can replace that to stop the hammering and hissing sound throughout most of the radiators.

PS. Here is the part: http://dev.honeywellhvacparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=641_1067_1068_648&products_id=2094
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397
    Options

Mike--what's the Honeywell website? Maybe there's one I don't know about!
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Carol...

Honeywell.com Ling, you are off to a good start, but as far as pressure is concerned, It all depends in the system itself. I have no clue of what you have nor am I the for most pro in this topic. Steam head and others can offer you more definitive answers than I can...;-)

Mike T.
This discussion has been closed.