Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

24 volt zone heating

I accidentally left my breaker off to my 24 volt 3 zone heating system. I was away for 2 days and when I returned my house was about 80 degrees even though the 3 thermostasts were set at 60 degrees, WHY ?

Comments

• don_182
    don_182 Member Posts: 69
    A wild guess

Thermal cycling.
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    OR.........................

Did you turn off the right breaker?, where do you live? is the boiler itself a power pile type.....? Is there a pump on your system? did it run when you turned off the breaker? Etc... More info needed as usual. No disrespect intended, but it's like someone asking,... "I have no heat, what's the problem....;-) I had it yesterday.....

Mike T.
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397

solar heat gain?
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    heck of a question ...were the boiler connected to a indirect

with constant circ stradgey on the DHW... think it might be matched to the heat loss at this time of year and was heating the home through the recirc system...?

leave an electric appliance stove some other heat source running during that time? the heat plates on some coffee makers Pump some heat....Kids having a party while you were gone?
  • Empire_2
    Gotta tell ya........

It peve's me off when someone asks a question and we all contribute to try and solve the problem and BOOM!!!!!!!!!! The guy goes on vacation or wherever!!!!!!!!!!

We need one of them things that tell you to take a number and you will be called in the order. That way when the guy doesnt answer, clear the post.

My .02 It's only Fri and I should be happy......:-)

Mike T.
  • brucewo1b
    brucewo1b Member Posts: 638
    Mike T do you mean like this complaint signs

Complaint Sign
  • Empire_2
    Bruce...

I was thinking more along the lines of a Banana peel. Wouldn't want to hurt my PC.....:-)

Mike T.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Zone system

Is it possible the zone valves are power closed and were left in the open mode when the power was turned off?
  • Empire_2
    Another thought

Just kidding, but....Is it possible that there is about 2000 candled in the house? You know the long burning one's? WE DONT KNOW,.There is no feed back... DELETE,DELETE, DESTROY the post Carol....:-) Maybe the 2 houses nest door burned down and he is getting residual sensible heat gain??? WE DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike T. Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful........:-) My dog still licks my feet.....(YUCK)!!!

Mike T.
  • carol_3

A dog of questionable taste . . . ?
  • LarryC
    LarryC Member Posts: 331
    Questionable taste

If his dog is like any of my dogs, feet are a step up.

A good frost = poopcicles

Larry
  • carol_3

And some folks say that a dog's mouth is the cleanest place on earth, or something like that.
This discussion has been closed.