Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

help!! oil burner not turning off

I have a good running oil burner but the problen is it keeps turning on when I have no need for heat. I do not need it for my hot water and both if my thermostats are unhooked. Why would the burner call for heat? The only thing I can think of is that for some reason the conection is not being broken by the thermostats. please help thank you.

Comments

• Ron Schroeder
    Ron Schroeder Member Posts: 998
    Dave

Do you have zone valves, if yes make sure one or more are not manuelly open. Is the heat really running or just the burner going on and off?
  • Dave_104
    Dave_104 Member Posts: 3

oil burner going on and off. just to get itself up to temp
  • burnerman_2
    burnerman_2 Member Posts: 297
    could be this

just because you only use your furnace for heat does not mean the control on boiler is not a cold start if you remove the cover you will see three dails hi low dif set the hi at 160 the low at 120 and the dif at 25 it is better to have a boiler that maintains temp. it will last a lot longer the ones i clean are always better than cold start the water contesates and forms a crust at clean outs check it out
  • Dave_104
    Dave_104 Member Posts: 3

thanks for the replys. I found the problem my check valve is not working and stays open all the time. There is no way to stop the flow of hot water through the system. Looks like I have some work to do.
  • Bernie Riddle_2
    Bernie Riddle_2 Member Posts: 178

My boiler will not start till the thermostate is three degrees higher than room temp. I set the anticipator to the circulator relay amp which is .40 even though the circulator is rated for .71 amps. I an not sure if this is correct? Is it a anticipator proble, problem with the thermostate not being exactly level or is three degrss differance normal?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.