Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

remote sensor for high humidity, condensing

Honeywell doesn't have a humidity sensor that you can add to a thermostat, but there is a new thermostat that senses and controls humidity. If you're willing to replace the thermostat, you can read about it at the website customer.honeywell.com. Scroll to the very bottom right corner of the page, and enter YTH in the bottom blank box under "literature."

Comments

• lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 458
    remote sensor for high humidity, condensing from shower

i am looking for a remote sensor for a 24 volt thermostat for a main bathroom. currently has a honeywell programmable, but after second shower, t-stat blanks out and resets to 99'. Bathroom has 80 cfm exhaust fan, a window and exterior door. House is multi zone water system, with radiators from early 1900's. any help would be great. just found your site and love it.
  • lee_7

carol,
    i guess i was not clear. i have a programmable t stat that blanks out after someone takes a shower. i am looking for a remote sensor to control t stat that would not be affected by the humidity. thanks again.
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Hello Lee

Generally humidity in the form of water vapor (Shower) is the #1 enemy of any electronic control. I personally never see a stat in the bathroom area for this reason. Is the Bathroom always cold??? is that the reason a t-stat was installed in that room?

Mike T.
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397

Oh, I get it now. Honeywell has two current residential thermostats that can work with a remote sensor. They are the TH8110 and the YTH9421. The now-obsolete T8600 did it, too.
  • lee_7

mike
    every room in house is zoned independently. bathrrom is on south west corner of building, 1900's home with original window and exterior door. room is very cold when zoned with rest of house. house was rezoned three years ago with new heating system. t stat worked fine until this season
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Lee

Accu-Stat makes a sealed mercury filled sensor that would probably be your best bet. The bulbs can be fixes or for a little more money you can get the adjustable bulb. With that kind of environment, you have to stay away from digital stats. Even w/ remote sensor, as the contact points get corroded, it will change how it reacts. I think a cheap mechanical action t-stat would work.

Mike T.
This discussion has been closed.