Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Brushed Nickel towel rack

Options
Josh_10
Josh_10 Member Posts: 787
Runtal makes several brushed nickel towel racks. I believe they have over 25 colors and textures.

Comments

• Glenn Harrison_2
    Glenn Harrison_2 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    I have a customer that wants...

a brushed nickel heated towel rack. We had originally ordered and stubbed in for a white Runtal towel rack as part of his new house radiant system, but he since decided he wants brushed nickel to match all the other fixtures. Anyone know of somebody that has brushed nickel as an option, about 30 inches wide and 36 to 48 inches tall?

Thanks in advance.
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    Options
    Myson

I've put in Myson ones. I don't know about the measurements though.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Myson towel bars

The Myson's are very close to that dimension, beware of the fit up on the Myson, it can be a real pain as the fittings on the towel bar for connection to rough in like to leak. We have had to use a hard cast pipe sealant to get them to seal in the past. Aaaargh. Good luck. They are nice looking. NOTE: they do not put out near as much heat as a Buderus or Runtal towel bar although.
  • American plumber
    American plumber Member Posts: 89
    Options

I would send the Runtal to a plater,they can strip it and finish it to your specs.
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    Options
    Myson

Your right about the Myson. That's why I won't install them again.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Glenn Harrison_2
    Options
    That's interesting,

As we looked in the Runtal book our rep had and saw greyone's in a couple of different shades and I believe chrome, but not brushed nickel. Will have to ask again and look a little harder.
  • Glenn Harrison_2
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions...

I will look into Myson in the morning.
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Options

Both Runtal and Myson websites list "satin nickel" as an available finish. Have only used one Myson--wonderful quality but the connectors are a royal pain.
  • BartMan
    BartMan Member Posts: 4
    Options
    We have used

Hudson Reed before, they install well without the problems of some other brands and offer maby different styles and finishes.

http://usa.hudsonreed.com
  • Dan_15
    Dan_15 Member Posts: 388
    Options
    Mr. Steam

Best towel warmers around; kind of pricey though. Comes in brushed nickel. I have one in my house. All brass, super heavy. I think it was around $750 for a smallish one.

http://www.mrsteam.com/products/towelwarmers_models.html
  • Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    Myson

FYI I just roughed in a Myson, 28 1/4" OC.

The connections are compression. I never liked compression fittings when used on hard copper. What I do is anneal the copper pipe where the compression fitting ferrule engages, and use a little oil. Never had a leak since. DO NOT tighten too much, or you will ruin everything.

Also make sure that the copper stubs 'give' a little, do not have them rigidly braced so that when things heat up and cool down the pipe can move a little bit. The rad should be supported by the braces, not the connections.

I like the Runtal product better, they seem to have a more durable finish when it is a painted finish. I think it is because Runtal uses a powder coat process.

Cosmo
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    Options
    Glenn

Call Paul Ross at Hydronic Alternatives. 1-413-543-8733

Check out the Vasco line which comes in just about any finish and configuration you can imagine.
This discussion has been closed.