Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

FORD L45 series - good or bad?

Joe B._2
Joe B._2 Member Posts: 5
I do not have much experience with the fords but I am a ford man so I would buy one before anything else. I have seen and worked on many Isuzu diesels and have watched many out live the rest of the truck/heavy equipment. Isuzu makes an economical, quiet and long lasting diesel.

Comments

• Mitch_6
    Mitch_6 Member Posts: 549
    FORD L45 series good or bad?

looking at trading in current 99 chevy cut van that is giving me problems, wish it had lasted a few more years

is the FORD L45 series good or bad?
    looking at a Cab forward, 16K GVW with 12' morgan box
    any good or bad experiences? is chevy (isuzu) better or worse?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    FORD

I also am interested in the 450 series
  • Gene_3
    Gene_3 Member Posts: 289
    In my opinion

Chevy hasn't made a decent truck since 1971, I like Dodge because they have the Cummins, if you go Ford go diesel.

Chevy has the Allison trannys but the rest of the truck is junk, I have worked for companies that bought Chevy only because some bud of the owner owns the dealership.

The paint peeled, the front ends went, electrical problems, rear ends, trannys { not the Allison equiped }

just my opinion based on my experience, ohh I also owned a 84 Caddy Seville, what a junk, great ride, but junk....

now before the GM people jump all over me I have also owned a 55 Chevy 2door wagon, 66 custom van, 71 custom 1 ton van, 68 Cutlass w/ 396, 72 GTO 400 4 spd, and currently a 67 pontiac firbird 400 RA conv

they just don't make a good truck
This discussion has been closed.