Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Last Update on Mom

No drug can beat the power of the human spirit . I'm very glad to hear your mom is feeling better , and very much hope she beats this back with an iron will .

Comments

• Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Do You Believe?

Here's the latest update on my mother's condition.

As you guys know, on October 4th my mother's kidneys failed. She was on and off dialysis for nearly two weeks. She was also on and off a ventilator for two weeks as her heart rhythm ranged from non-existent to erratic.

On Sunday, October 16th, mom decided she no longer wanted dialysis and did not want to be put back on a ventilator if she needed. The same day, the doctors gave her three days to live.

By Thursday, October 27th, mom's face, hands, legs, feet and fingers have swollen to enormous proportions. The doctors, nurses and staff indicated to us that mom was nearing the end.

I guess they do not know my mother very well.

On Friday, October 28th, after 3 and a half weeks of zero kidney function, mom's kidneys started working! The swelling began to subside, her appetite returned, her depression lessened and the color returned to her face.

The doctors have no explanation for this, but who cares!

I'm not getting my hopes up too high, but it was truly an amazing event.

Thanks to all of you guys for your continued prayers and thoughts.

You guys rock!
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620

All I can say my friend is Praise the Lord :) Be sure to tell Mom we all love her!

Alan R. Mercurio
    Your friend in the industry,

Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    I still say

it was those jumper cables of yours that did it. ;-)
    Retired and loving it.
  • Jeff Lawrence_24
    Jeff Lawrence_24 Member Posts: 593
    Fantastic!

Prayers work and we'll keep saying them for y'all.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • TGO_54
    TGO_54 Member Posts: 327
    That's one tough lady,

Glad to hear he good news!

Maybe it was the bingo? ;-)

Tom

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Not the BINGO

The fact that someone else taking her seat AT BINGO.....:) AINT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Outstanding news Eugene

I suspect your Mom and The Lord will know when the time is right -- and no one else. As usual, she is in my thoughts.
  • Chuck Shaw_4
    Chuck Shaw_4 Member Posts: 66
    I am glad to hear it, Gene

It always amazes me, what happens when you take medical science out of the picture, and allow the body to do what it does best.

Just remember, as much good as Medical Science can do, there is no match for faith, love and a strong will to live.

Ill be rooting for her.

Chuck
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Thanks

Thanks John... Thanks Chuck.

Your thought and prayers mean a lot to the entire family.

Even though she has never met any of you, my mother constantly asks how "my friends on the Wall are doing". I don't think that she completely understands the "wall" concept, as she asked me on one day if you guys were still going to be outside on the wall because it was raining.

I think it was the morphine, but who am I to argue with her.

• John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Eugene

Tell Mom it is fun to play in the rain. :-)
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Thanks Ron

I was thinking about you today as I was teling my students how you tackled the steamer in the heating lab at the college with one hand tied behind your back and the other in a sling. What was it, 3 hours, to pipe in that drop header?

I was telling my students today that, between you and Mad Dog, we have some of the greatest talent in the industry right here on the Island of Long.
This discussion has been closed.