Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

dual thermostat for a single zone system

Options
I have a diverter tee system with a two story house. I am looking for a way to control the temperature from the bedroom level and the main level without major modification to the distribution system. Do you have any suggestions? I've seen wireless thermostats, but I am not sure this is the proper choice.

Thanks,
mike

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Dual T-stats

While this may seem like an easy solution to your particular problem, It's not the answer. Bear in mind that adding a second stat (especially if they are anticipator types) will only make one of the 2 zones that you are trying to control either hot or cold. Anticipators will smoke if they both call at the came time. Digital stats will not, but you will get the uneven heat that you are trying to avoid. Without looking at the job, it's hard to determine what needs to be done, but try calling a heating pro in your area that can give you options that may help you solve this problem. There are many options as to how to solve the uneven heat, but let someone look at it to point you in the right direction. Hope this helped, Mike T....
This discussion has been closed.