Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vaporstat

The L408B-1131 has a range of 0-16 oz. This control makes on pressure rise. The L608A-1046 has a pressure range of 0-16 oz. R-B breaks on pressue rise R-W makes on pressure rise

Comments

• Joe_55
    Joe_55 Member Posts: 62
    Vaporstat

Can you please tell me the differences between an L408B1131 and L608A1046 vaporstat.........I am having much difficulty finding any info on the Honeywell web site

Thank you Bill
  • will smith_4
    will smith_4 Member Posts: 259
    Bill-

I don't show an L4081131-I see an L408A1132-with a 0-16oz range, adjustable differential. The L608A1046 also has a 0-16oz range, adjustable differential. My book isn't the end all to end all, but a guess would be that the L4081131 could be one that Honeywell made for the manufacturer (OEM), albeit similar specs. Might be two sets of contacts-n/o,n/c,etc. Hope this helps.
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397

Oh, yeh, here's a clue about Honeywell numbers. If the first number is a 4 or 8, it's spst switching. If the first number's a 6, it's spdt switching. Of course, you can use a spdt for a spst application. Or if only one leg of the spdt was used, a spst can replace it. Since you're talking about an L408 and an L608, the switching action is the main difference.

As for the Honeywell website, it's easy if you do this--go to customer.honeywell.com. In the lower right corner (literature) enter L408 in the bottom box. In the list that comes up, click on the fourth pdf down. On the first page it explains the difference between the two controls.
This discussion has been closed.