Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

start relay

I was not sure what you were asking, but this is a typical start application.

Mike T.

Comments

• rick_45
    rick_45 Member Posts: 13
    have old system

have old system oil company condemmed .compressor not bad replaced contactor.sytem running good replacing rusted capacitors .have start relay .found on wiring diagram cannot read numbers suggestions on replacement looks like potential relay.have heater on one set of contacts other set of contacts is the start capacitor and run capacitor.have not worked with them much. any suggestions
  • KM_3
    KM_3 Member Posts: 1

It's difficult to understand what you're trying to say. Try your message again using proper grammar and punctuation.
  • rick_45
    start relay

thanks Iam sure that the relay is a potential relay .have seen universal potential relays at supply houses. when i finish pm on unit i am going to check compressor info on starting components,but,right now it is running and going to replace rusty capaictors,I have resistor across starting capacitor should unsolder and install on new start capicitor .thanks
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    How is the system working?

Are you back on line, Rick?
  • rick_45

the old system is running ,cleaned coil,replaced rusted capacitors ,the potential relay i left alone cntacts and coil checked ok. I think i can get info from compressor on relay ,westinghouse. Thanks for the help .unit was made by international .old but works good .
  • rick_45

the old system is running ,cleaned coil,replaced rusted capacitors ,the potential relay i left alone cntacts and coil checked ok. I think i can get info from compressor on relay ,westinghouse. Thanks for the help .unit was made by international .old but works good .
This discussion has been closed.