Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

pipe sizing and pipe material

Options
... thing you need to determine is the heat gain and heat loss for the shop. Once you have that, the rest can be calculated.

If you're thinking of adding heating, I wouldn't look at PVC pipe. It won't take the temp. Also, in this kind of building, the piping stands a pretty good chance of being bumped by lift trucks, hit by swinging material, having somebody sling a chainfall off it, etc. I'd use steel. Lots of applications like this go with grooved piping over 2". If you do that, make sure the gaskets are the right ones for both heating & cooling. The supplier - Victaulic, Grulok, etc should have all the info you'll need for that.

Comments

• sam_10
    sam_10 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    chiller pipe material and sizing

i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. i know a little about hydronic heating and chillers cause its just not our thang in the texas panhandle, i have a client,(a large machine shop) that there is no way i can install them a forced air system. im now lookin at a way to set them up with a chiller system, and mite add a boiler later. question 1. ive always seen these systems with black steel pipe??, can you use a pvc or cpvc pipe??? question 2.is there a site or does anyone know someone, that i can get some imformation such as circulating pump size/ pipe size/etc.??? im willing to pay , im not lookin for no freebie's. thanks for your help
This discussion has been closed.