Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Relief valve remote piping

Options
Hello
I have to pipe to the outside two thirty ton condensers to the atmosphere. The tonnage is thirty tons each and the relief valve is 5/8 inch tube size. Each condenser has two reliefs ;one is a redundant valve in the event one leaks the other valve can be put into service. My question is what would be the correct main carrier size for a run of approximately 100 feet fitting lose in? I have tried to have our Department of Mechanical Engineering give me an answer and they could not even advise me if the lines required silfoss or silver bearing solder was okay. They did say they required the installation to be in accordance with schedule fify of the ASME code book for refrigeration -- that is wonderful so what are the rules -- no imforamtion yet. Thanks for the help. Jack Martin Manitoba, Canada

Comments

• JackEnnisMartin
    JackEnnisMartin Member Posts: 70
    Options
    relief line sizing

hello ihave posted a question for the a/c department regarding sizing of common piping for relief valves piped to the outdoors. I have not as yet recieved any imformation. Thanks for the help

Jack Ennis Martin
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Options
    Been Trying

I've been trying to locate "best practices" for pressure relief lines north of the border but have not had any luck as of yet.

Still looking.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    relief valve

Hi jack,what is meant by redundant relief valves? series? parallel?
This discussion has been closed.