Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Where is Carol Fey???:-)

Options
I have to think up questions to get my blood flowing again in the upcoming winter season. Chime in If you alive.

Mike T.

Comments

• carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397
    Options

Yo, I'm here. And thank goodness you are! Your answers are great. And I've been trying not to spend so much time at my computer--hard on the back and neck--and maybe took it a little too far. Went hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park on Thurs. Beautiful with snow in the air and the sun shining at the same time.

Have you ever run into a thermostat that has no deadband between heating and cooling? The fan coil units at my favorite hotel in Salt Lake have stats like that. If you turn down the setting past setpoint, the air conditioning comes on--year round. And vice versa. I have no idea why a stat would be designed like that--you?
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    D Band//...

I have seen them, but about 20 years ago. I remember the HW Chronotherms had a little bar that you had to insert to fix your DB to about 3*. Sounds like a sale of new T-stats are in order....

Mike T.
  • carol_3
    Options

That's interesting--do you remember which Chrono that was?
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Chronotherm

All I can remember, it was the one with the analog clock. I believe you had to install the little bar (which most threw out) in between the levers and leave the screw loose so that the DB would slide upon adjustments of temp. Do you remember?...There were 2 levers red blue. If you tightened the screw,...both bars could not move together.

Mike T.
  • carol_3
    Options

Wow, I do not remember that one. Had to be a long time ago. Kinda cute though, mechanically adding a deadband. Gotta wonder why they didn't make it just part of the stat.
This discussion has been closed.