Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Seattle, 100+ wed. ?? what's up with this

Options
kpc_75
kpc_75 Member Posts: 37
the last time we hit 100F here in NH... maybe 10+ years....kpc

Comments

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Seattle, 100+ wed. ?? what's up with this

I have lived in Seattle area all my life and now we are predicted to go over a 100 tommorow. I don't get this. Man I never thought I would see this. And of course we are slated to pull a rt pkg unit tommorow also!! Tim
  • GMcD
    GMcD Member Posts: 477
    Options
    Vancouver, BC

Yeah, tell me about it - the weather folks up here are saying this is a once in a lifetime heat wave we've been having. Unfortunately the HVAC Engineers (me) get the calls from the Clients whose brand new buildings aren't cooling enough. Facts don't sway opinion - the outdoor summer dsign in our area is 28C (83F) and if the outdoor temp is above that, well your indoor temp climbs as well. Funny how all the LEED and Energy Conservation design goes out the window when these people feel entitled to their 72F (22C) indoor temp, on demand, no matter what....

Me? I'm in an older heritage building with the AC system consisting of opening windows and a couple desk fans we have running. For a few days a year, the heat can be dealt with. Many people have lost their tolerance and require instant gratification...
  • JJ_4
    JJ_4 Member Posts: 146
    Options
    Denver....

OK...well you guys have stolen our weather and we have yours! It is supposed to be a high of 72 today, and overcast and rain...IN JULY. We are usually hot (90-100) and dry (less than 10%RH) in July and August and it has continued to be wet and relatively cold. I will gladly trade back if you can arrange it.
  • Alan(OnVacationInOregon)Forbes
    Options
    SF

Temperatures are higher here as well. Well into the 90's if you travel west of the bay; 20-30 degrees less if you're lucky enough to be in the fog belt.

• EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Options
    Something is a commin'

It hasn't hit 90 yet this month....Yeah it actually gets that warm here in Minnesota, must be the horrid humidity. Something is coming our way, I can feel it in my over wrenched shoulder.

I'm sure its like this in many places throughout the states ans Canada. We joke and say around here "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute, it will change"

I keep a snow shovel handy at home and on the truck.

Peace
    "If you don't like change, your going to like irrelevance even less"
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Seattle

I've filled my bathtub with ice cubes, vodka and a dash of vermouth. I've climbed in and will emerge when the temps are cooler. Hope someone stirs me occaisionally.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Josh_10
    Josh_10 Member Posts: 787
    Options

103 recorded today, the hottest ever recorded by 2 degrees.
This discussion has been closed.