Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Burnham Steam?????

My V85S arrives on Thursday! I wish I knew this was coming out, I would have stocked the wood pile a little deeper....

Alex

Comments

• John M_3
    John M_3 Member Posts: 2
    Is it true?

I was talking to a friend of mine this AM who was at Burnham Fenway Park show last night, he said it was pretty cool and told me they had a new 3-pass steam boiler there, I told him it was probably the MPO he was looking at but he insisted it was brand new and it was definitely steam. Anyone heard anything on this?
  • RE: New Steam Boiler

Your friend was correct! What he saw was our new and upcoming oil-fired steam boiler and yes it is of the three-pass design. This is due out this fall and is based on the MPO design. It will have the highest AFUE efficiency of any steam boiler out there today! For those of you that were able to attend last nights Fenway Park event, thanks so much for being there. You got to see many other brand new products that we have just rolled out such as the PVG power vented gas boiler, SCG sealed combustion gas boiler, CHG Condensing high efficiency Mod-Con gas boiler, Series 8H high efficiency commercial gas boiler, MPO-DV direct vent 3-pass oil boiler and of course the "MegaSteam" oil-fired steam boiler.

It has been a very exciting year for new products at Burnham as we have introduced more new products this year than in the nearly 150 year history of the company. We thank you for your support and as always welcome your input. We are holding another Fenway Park event next Tuesday night and then it is on to Yankee Stadium for an event just after Labor Day. We also would like to thank our co-sponsors for their participation in making these events a huge sucesss. Our hats are off to Taco, R.W. Beckett, Heat-Fab, HydroLevel and Honeywell for helping make these a big hit! I don't think I missed anyone but if I did I apologize in advance as I was too busy with the group of nearly 700 attendees last night! We were out in Chicago a few weeks ago at the White Sox stadium and had an equally big crowd there! Thanks again!

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Glenn

Will the new 3-pass steamer be available as a knock-down?

Also, can we get it with Riello burners?

We are starting a job next month with a Burnham V8 w/Riello. A complete steam system install from the ground up.

You can count on seeing pics here when it's done!

Best wishes!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    New stuff is cool but what about this

Looking for ward to the new steamer, but how do i fix this thingey.......David

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Christian Egli_2
    Christian Egli_2 Member Posts: 812
    Megasteam sounds real good

What's wrong with the thingey? It seemed just fine in January of 1951, can't be broken yet, can it?

:)

Thanks Burnham for the new three pass steam.
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    So when are you bringing the Mega-Steamer to Baltimore?

Gordon and I will make sure we attend!

• David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    Nope...

The relay was still working fine when i took it out last week. Thought Glen would like it....David

• Now that's a classic!

> The relay was still working fine when i took it

> out last week. Thought Glen would like

> it....David

>

> _A

> HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=

> 386&Step=30"_To Learn More About This

> Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in

> "Find A Professional"_/A_

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • Now that's a classic!

That Honeywell relay is about 18 months older than I am David! It is in remarkabke condition for being 54 years old.Just curious if the boiler is in equally good condition as well. It's nice to see things taken well care of!

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • Mark

I don't know all of the particulars of it yet. I do know that it has a full size skim tapping on it though!

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • Frank

There was some earlier discussion of an event at the Yards but that may have been replaced by the extra event in Boston. I can assure you that it will be out and about on one of the demonstration trucks though when it hits the streets in the fall.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • will the

Will the boiler be at ISH show in Chicago?
  • ttekushan_3
    ttekushan_3 Member Posts: 958
    Is Lit available yet?

Is literature, specs etc available yet? I've got a couple of "steam" clients for whom I am about to recommend replacing boilers. You know, the type that continue to function (the boilers, that is), but are eating them alive in fuel costs but your afraid to descale them for liability purposes... I'll hold off recommendations.

This looks like the answer! Its also one of those instances where "vaporware" is a good thing (hey. I've been saving that one for years. promise not to use it again).

Thank you, thank you for paying attention to the STEAM market. As we all know, its the hottest thing out there. ;)

-Terry
    terry
  • Will_5
    Will_5 Member Posts: 85
    Can't wait

to see it, I thought my friend was all steamed up!! Is it the same casting as the MPO or something new? I never thought I'd see new steam boiler on the market!!
  • ISH Show

I will check but I am quite sure it will be there.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • Terry

No literature or specs yet because the Certification processes are not complete as of this point in time. We are targeting a Fall rollout of this product. Whether that is early or late Fall is up in the air right now. I'll keep you all posted!

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • Casting

Although the casting is similar in appearance to the MPO, the steam version is somewhat taller to accomodate the steam dome. The best part is that all of the heat exchange surfaces are pretty much below the water level. After giving it a real close look Wednesday evening I must say that I am real impressed with the design. Our engineering group has done it again! This has been an extremely exciting year for us with all of the new products we have introduced and I think that most of you will agree that we are indeed a company that is "On The Move"!

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    burnham probably stole that idea too

i quess it wasnt buderus, where did ya get this one from? no doubt a europeon companies
  • He's Back!

Behold.....the anonomous antagonist has returned!

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • Tell me about your ModCon Glenn...

I'm REALLY suprised that it took this long for my favorite American Cast Iron boiler company to come out with a modcon...

ME
  • Will_5
    Will_5 Member Posts: 85
    Domestic

I know most of the steam jobs we do have tankless coils, are there tappings in the block for piping in a indirect? Would we expect to see the boiler soon?
  • Mark

The CHG Gas Condensing boiler is already available out in your neck of the woods. There are presently two larger floor mounted models available with capacities of 150 MBH and 225 MBH with AFUE efficiencies of 93% and 94%. The 150 has a 5:1 turn down ratio and the 225 model is a 4:1 turndown. Control system and gas train are Honeywell based utilizing the MCBA control. There is also a remote mount control touch pad installed on the top jacket panel. The heat exchanger on these two models is of cast aluminum sectional design with cast aluminum supply and return headers. There is a pre-installed LWCO and provision for an Aux. Limit to be wired directly to a terminal strip if required by local code. The control has Outdoor Reset functionality if desired.

Very shortly two more wall models will be available with ratings of 90 MBH and 125 MBH. Both will be of cast aluminum "Monobloc" contruction with 93% AFUE ratings and 5:1 turndown ratios.We chose to go ahead with the larger models first for those needs that require more btu's for Indirect Water production. Your local distributors should have info on the CHG at this point. If not, let me know and I will be sure to get you in touch with McCoy Sales, our Colorado Sales Representitives. Thanks for asking Mark!

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • Yes

There are tappings provided for an Indirect and aquastat. The model we had at the Fenway Event was equipped with a tankless coil as well.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • And - he's wrong

Where'd the ideas come from? I know where some of them came from - a team of contractors assembled to give Burnham their frank and honest opinions regarding development and refinement of these new products. Rumor has it that the discussions were lively and, at times, brutally frank & Burnham listened - intently.

Burnham is on the right road and course. Megasteam and several other new products will be setting new benchmarks for the industry.

• Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    Mega Steam

Glenn,

The next Mega Steam looks like a great addition to the Burnham line-up. We're anxious to try one out. -DF

• Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770
    Glenn you're a Professional

You can't say it but I can. My American Standard 2 door Arcoliner from the early fifties is a design Buderus came out with later. Isn't it owned by Burnham. The New Yorker FR is a similar design, isn't it owned by Burnham. That little hugging the floor (I don't remember the model) Iron Fireman was similar in design, slightly before Buderus. Not to mention my company has put in a lot of Buderus direct vents and they are nothing but problems. Set up with both a wet kit and digital. The rep had nothing concrete to offer.

Glenn, stay professional,

Leo
  • Christian Egli_2
    Just a groupie here

We have an old coal boiler in storage that is three pass... there isn't anything new that hasn't been invented in boiler fashion for a very long time. The ancient Greeks were already at it, boiling steam, no less. You put fire on one side of a wall and you get heat on the other. Ta-daa.

I'm addicted to the sequel productions, the new Burnham Megasteam deserves credit for being new, and more importantly, it deserves lots of credit for being a new release in the residential market. I'm a fan of such a hoopla, I could scream like a hysterical groupie waiting at the back stage door.

Buderus has been in the boiler and stove casting business for a very long time. Since 1731, I've seen pictures of some beautiful old stoves. DeDietrich falls in the same category, going way way back to 1684. King Louis the sixteenth gave the company an official praise and he went on loosing his head over it... Can't be that bad. These two companies have been mastering the art of cast iron long before anyone else did, on that merit alone, they are owned tons of respect. And it doesn't mean either I can't go gaga over the new hot star releases.

• ttekushan_3
    ttekushan_3 Member Posts: 958
    coal boiler

Do you give tours of that 3 pass steamer?
    :)

-Terry
    terry
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Thank YOU for the glimpse*~/:)

nice:) Very Nice:)

now i have to dream up a few new jobs :) i like theMPO Glenn. i too would like to chirp up Riello at this time...
    maybe send one or two to Alaska:) there are a lot of people putting the dollar into wood boilers. any twin fuel using the same heat exchanger with seperate fire boxes?
  • Christian

The big difference betwwen that old 3-pass boiler and those of today is that you can no longer stick your arm, or even your leg for that matter, through the flue passageways to clean them out!

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • Weezbo

We made add-on wood boilers as well as oil/wood boilers for many years and demand dwindled to absolutely nothing. Some code requirement changes came along and rather than going through engineering changes and very costly recertification processes, we dropped them altogether. The rage here in New England are the outdoor boiler in a shed combos.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • Joseph Kerr
    Joseph Kerr Member Posts: 7
    Thanks

for the great info Glen, I can't wait util they're out. Looks like Burnham is really making a move lately after being a little dormant with new product!! ( no disrespect meant )
  • Joe Brix
    Joe Brix Member Posts: 626
    I tip my hat to Burnham

I don't believe anyone, including the German brands, currently offers a 3 pass residential steam boiler. Great work Glenn and Burnham. Nice to see an American company staying out in front!
  • Christian Egli_2
    Oooh, have we gotten that fat nowadays?

The old kids' fairytale of stoking witches in the boiler won't be believable anymore... no more efficiency nightmares either. :)

Thanks Burnham for developing the new and promising steam products.

Sincerly
  • Cunner
    Cunner Member Posts: 8
    2nd

I'll second that Joe!! It's nice to finally feel the winds of change in U.S. Manufacturing. Good job Burnham, Keep it up!!!
This discussion has been closed.