Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Stolen, uh, parts?

Options
I was able to order the parts from my local York wholesaler. Took a few more days than I thought it would for me to put my hands on them, but it's done.

Something about allocating the parts at the store level because they kept getting sold out from under me.

Comments

• Jeff Lawrence_25
    Jeff Lawrence_25 Member Posts: 746
    Options
    Sometimes, I think I've seen it all

I do a bit of work for a bank that resells foreclosed houses. I received an email from my contact with them about a stolen condenser that needed replacement.

Realizing that the 13 SEER rule just came out, for all intents and puropses, I kinda shuddered internally. Usually the foreclosed houses are in a bit of a shambles, and the HVAC system is about the worst.

I got lucky on this one. The place was already under contract when the agent saw the problem. I ended up going out there (90 minute drive, one way) to actually look at the system.

I found this.
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    Jeff Lawrence_25 Member Posts: 746
    Options
    If it had been nearly anything but a Coleman

I probably would have had to do the entire system.

The manager of my local York wholesaler and I have known each other for too many years to count, so I stopped by his office and showed him the pictures. "Yep, we can probably get the stuff you need to fix it up," he said.

The fan guard is is the only thing they'll have to order from the factory, since everything else is in stock (motor, blade, and capicator) I'm waiting on the availability of it, but it looks like good news.

Sometimes I really love my job.

Here's the picture of the heat pump inside the place.
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Hummmmmmmmm

Something is missing,,,....:-0) Would make a nice out house toilet. I'll bet that thing is quiet.

Mike T.
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Options
    Only if you have....

A really large arse!
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 951
    Options
    Have it

We just took out a Coleman. Want our fan grille & motor?
This discussion has been closed.