Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need Help, Contractor skipped town

Doyou live in an area with contractor licenseing/registration? If so, contact the Builder's Board and have them pursue the matter. If the contractor had insurance and performance bond, contact them.

Comments

• Mike Thomas_2
    Mike Thomas_2 Member Posts: 109
    Need Help, contractor skipped town

I have been asked to help a local summer camp for kids. They are building a new kitchen and shower building and they were going to heat and cool with ground source heat pumps. The low bid contractor started the project. Took $35,000 and was supposed to buy the rest of the equipment to finish the job. Well, you guessed it, he's gone. The group is left with some equipment, but needs help in figuring out what is left to buy and where to get it. Some of the equipment on the ground is "Climate Master" and some says "Comfort Air". Can anyone put me in touch with a supplier of this equipment? Thanks! Mike Thomas
  • don_182
    don_182 Member Posts: 69
    Thats a shame

Try calling climatemaster direct at 800-299-9747.

• Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    When you find the culprit

may I suggest tormenting him with well-applied Indian Sunburns, Dutch Rubs, Noogies, Short-Sheeting of his bed, full to the ceiling Wedgies all done to a chorus of campers singing "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" and "I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves"...

Cruel, yes. But fitting and just.

Yours in Hamurabi

Brad
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 950
    the other is

www.heatcontroller.com
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    All I can say is... karma...

He'll get his...

• John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Get the media involved

Call your local TV/newspaper and have the "culprit" investigated and exposed.
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Any Luck

Any luck or updates, Mr. Thomas?
  • Mike Thomas_2
    Mike Thomas_2 Member Posts: 109
    Update

Thanks to the info supplied here, I was able to find the people that supplied the equipment, and hooked the general contractor up with some very capable folks who will help them pull this off. No luck on the lost money yet. Thanks again for all your help! Mike
This discussion has been closed.