Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

47-2 lwco with autofill hammering at end of feed

I had a similiar problem .Iinstalled a tee with a arrestor and it worked But also see if you have a pressure reducing valve, it may be bad, I had city water pressure at 150 and the reducing valve failed .something to look at

Comments

• scottPW
    scottPW Member Posts: 6
    47-2 lwco with autofill hammering at end of feed

Hi, I have a customer with a 47-2 lwco and autofill (both brand new) that, at the end of a feed, begins to flutter or hammer the inlet water line loudly. My guess is that because of the mechanical design of the fill, it does not shut off immediately like a solenoid type. Will a water hammer arrestor solve this? It flutters for a good 20 seconds. thanks, scott
  • Tommy_4
    Tommy_4 Member Posts: 2
    47-2

Try disconnecting the piping on the boiler side of the LWCO and check for restrictions. You'll probably find a scale build-up right at the nipple that enters the bottom of the boiler. Clean and flush this conection. Usually this causes the boiler to overfill. You could also do a broken union test on the LWCO. If he valve closes with out hammerring during the test, the feeder is OK and start looking for the restriction.
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    incomming water pressure

Try throttling the incomming water valve down. Too much pressure will cause this.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
    I agree throttle it down

and also make sure all the piping is secure. Some good pipe insulaTION and strapping will quiet things down too./ M ad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Anthony Menafro
    Anthony Menafro Member Posts: 198
    #47-2

Make sure that your piped in properly. If you pipe it in backwards you'll get the same flutter while it's trying to close.

Anthony
This discussion has been closed.