Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Sealing the old year

Options
J.C.A._3
J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
I did hang out with him/her for the few minutes the crows didn't try to get rid of it.

I was trying to figure out why it came up this far,(about 2 miles from their regular hangouts) until I saw the water moving. There were some bait fish swimming about and he/she was doing what comes natural....eating. I also suppose that was why the crows and seagulls were pissed that he/she was here.

Dan stares at his bird feeder for inspiration. I have a "brackish" estuary that my computer/work station overlooks and have started to take the time to look out and suck up the life and lessons that it tries to teach me.

Again, Thanks Dan. Happy New Year David! Chris

Comments

• J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Sealing the old year.

Had a visitor today. In the 3 years that I've lived here, this is only the 2nd time I've seen a harbor seal this far up the river.

The local crows weren't too happy with him being on their ice. They kept swooping down at him, driving him back to the drink after about 15 minutes.

Ain't life grand? Happy New Year to one and all. Thanks for the site Dan, where else could I get away with this tripe? Chris
  • David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    Options
    Cool pics

Thats very neat, what a thing to see!did you spend a little time watching him? i was in the kitchen one christmas day,and out of no where a huge hawk swooped down and grabed a mouse by my shed and flew to the deck of my pool and had his lunch.. it was amazing to see nature at work (and was real glad i was not a mouse). after about 10 min he had enuff and took off, he just spred his giant wings and the wind just lifted him off the deck and away he went...
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Close-up?

Gee, Chris, I think you could have walked out a bit on the ice and given us a better photo. What do you think? ;-)

Happy New Year, pal.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Terry_14
    Terry_14 Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Deer Watch

Not living close to the salt water I truly enjoyed the pics. Dan was right how about close ups next time?

I had coffee watching out a customers window at a family of deer. 6 of the most interesting deer they are wild but come right up to the window and sleep under a large pine tree.

Nature comes to us just in time to relax a bit.

Happy New Year
    Terry & Cindy
  • Maine Doug_26
    Maine Doug_26 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    seals

They are really curious critters. Sometimes I see them when out in the boat tending my diver. They come up around the bubbles or boat to check on us, look around and then dive again only to pop up in another spot. One played grab the flipper with the diver.
This discussion has been closed.