Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

radiator pitch

Options
Mark_68
Mark_68 Member Posts: 2
The small radiator (20" X 14" X 5") in my bathroom spurts rusty water through the valve when heating up. There is also a lot of hammering. I've tried replacing the valve and correcting the pitch. This has not solved the problem. I noticed that the radiator is pitched back toward the wall a little. Could this be the source of the problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• John H.
    John H. Member Posts: 38
    Options
    Spitting water

1st make shure the valve is open all the way. A partily closed valve will cause water to trap.
    2nd if make shure your pressure is not to high. And if there is still hammering there is water there mixing with steam. I had a job yesterday that the short horz run under the floor to the radiator was trapping water the owner removed some risers from under the legs of the radiator. I raised the radiatior back up this lifted the pipe on the valve end and corrected the pitch problem. Just a idea hope it helps
  • scott inM.E.
    scott inM.E. Member Posts: 68
    Options
    order [A pocketful of steam problems (with solutions)....

I had been wanting to order this book for a while and got it this week. It has already helped me on one job, if you have steam ?'s they are answered.
This discussion has been closed.