Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Valves...

Why do you need new valves? If they're just leaking around the handle stem it's a simple matter to repair.

The vents are called "coin-key" or "key-coin" and are easily available on the web or through real hardware stores. Note however that the new vents will not match the projection of the old and the water will now hit the nut portion of the plug on a Roccoco rad.


  • Roy Crabb
    Roy Crabb Member Posts: 1
    New Valves

    First off let me say I have no experience with plumbing or heating/air conditioning systems, so if my questions seem like I don't know what I'm doing...It's because I don't. We just purchased an old house with hot water radiant heat. We love the quality of heat and the "coziness" of the system but being about 100 years old there are components of the system that need to/will need to be replaced shortly and I need to know where to get replacement parts. We live in Southeast Kansas and this is one of the few systems like this in the area apparently so I have not been able to find anyone who knows about the system or where to find parts for the system. Actually I can't say that...I found a Bell/Gausett dealer the other day and found replacement parts for the airtrol part of the system. My question...after all that is: Where do I get new valves and air bleed valves for my radiators? The B/G guy said they wouldn't have the bleed valves and he would have to see the old valves off the radiator and try matching them to something. The rads are American Radiator Co Rococo rads. Am I correct in thinking that the valves are just bronze ball valves or are they a specialty? I'm trying to find out as much as I can and teach myself about this system so bear with me as I progress through this. Thanks for any suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.